New Streamlight TLR-4 Flashlight and Laser Combo for Handguns!
As you know, I’ve had a post about TLR-2 flashlight: Streamlight TLR-2 Flashlight/Laser on Remington 870 Review
The TLR-2 flaslight is very good, it is lightweight, low profile and reliable. The only disadvantage – is a high price, that is why I recommend to buy TLR-1 which doesn’t have flashlight and much cheaper.
It was rather big and I would recommend using it on long firearm only. But I have some good news for handgun owners, new Streamlight TLR-4 Flashlight and Laser Combo is out. I know that many of the readers own pistols and this would be a very good news for them.
Let’s see differences of this Streamlight TLR-4 Flashlight and Laser Combo for Handguns:
1. TLR-4 is made of impact-resistant polymer with anodized aluminum facecap. The body of the TLR-2 is made of aluminum. This made TLR-4 almost two times lighther than the TLR-2.
TLR-4 is 2.81 oz. and TLR-2 is 4.72 oz.
2. Uses one 3V CR2 lithium battery which made it lighter but also shortened runtime: 1.5 hours. TLR-2 works 2.5 hours on two CR123 batteries,
3. TLR-4 has 110 Lumens, TLR-2 has 160 lumens.
4. Fits light bearing holsters, not sure about TLR-2, it should work with them too.
5. TLR-4 is water-resistant, TLR-2 is dustproof only.
What is left the same:
1. C4 LED which is shock-proof and has 50,000 hour lifetime.
2. Three position mode selector switch with three modes:
Laser and LED
3. Ambidextrous momentary/steady On-Off Switch
4. Rail grip clamp system enable you to securely install/remove quickly and safely with no tools.
Looks like one of the best flaslight for a handgun, but it would be interesting to see such small flashlight on shotgun too :)