20 Things to Upgrade in Your Remington 870 to Make it a Home Defense Shotgun
Here is list of 20 things to upgrade in your Remington 870 to create an ultimate home-defense shotgun:
1. Safety button. Install oversized safety to be able to quickly disengage it under stress.
2. Follower. Replace it with a more reliable one.
3. Magazine extension. Adds space in magazine for more rounds.
4. Stock. Install recoil-reducing or short LOP stock.
5. Forend. Choose a shorter one, so you can install side-saddle.
6. Side-saddle. Allows you to have additional shells on your shotgun.
7. Barrel. Get a shorter one to make your shotgun more compact.
8. Finish. Duracoat your shotgun to protect it from rust.
9. Sling adapter. Enables you to have a sling on your shotgun.
10. Sling. Choose a one-point, two-point or three-point sling for your shotgun to be able to make transitions to a secondary weapon or carry it in different positions.
11. Extractor. Replace it with a non-MIM one which is more durable.
12. Barrel shroud. Protects your fingers from the heat.
13. Barrel/Magazine extension clamp. Choose a reliable clamp which will protect your magazine extension.
14. Light. Install a clamp with a flashlight or Surefire forend to be able to identify your target in the dark.
15. Sights. Ghost ring, rifle sights, tritium or light-gathering? You choose.
16. Metal Police trigger assembly. There is no much difference between Express and Police trigger assemblies but if you want it you can get it.
17. Picatinny rail. Install it if you want to have additional accessories on your Remington 870.
17. Holographic sight. Allows easier and faster aiming.
18. Laser sight. If SWAT use them, why you can’t?
19. Second side-saddle. Add it on the right side and carry even more shells on your shotgun.
20. Tactical Extended Rem Choke. Do you want to use your Remington 870 for door breaching? Add a breacher choke.
Can you add any other upgrades to the list? :)