Painting Remington 870 Shotgun with Gun Kote
This is step by step instruction on how to paint your Remington 870 using Gun Kote:
1. Disassemble your Remington 870 shotgun:
2. Protect internal surfaces of the magazine tube, magazine extension and barrel using plugs:
3. Remove old coating using sandblasting. Here’s how your Remington 870 parts are going to look like after sandblasting:
4. Degrease parts and put into the oven for 30 minutes:
5. Let them cool.
6. Degrease parts one more time before painting:
7. Paint stock and forend with KG Stock Kote:
8. Paint moving parts with KG Gear Kote:
9. Paint other parts with KG Gun Kote:
10. Put parts into the oven for an hour and a half:
11. Remove, let them cool.
Duracoated Remington 870 Tactical
|You can get Paint Finishes on Brownells|