Remington 870 Forend Installation / Replacement
This is updated instruction about Remington 870 forend removal/installation. You will see more detailed step by step instruction and photos in better quality. The previous instruction is here: How to Install a Forend on a Remington 870 (Replace, Change)
First of all, make sure that your shotgun is unloaded. Check both magazine tube and chamber, check visually and by touch.
There are many special tools available to remove Remington 870 forend. If you have them it’s good but if you don’t have any forend removal tools you can use standard pliers.
How to Remove Remington 870 Forend
1. Disassemble Remington 870 and take out the forend.
2. There is a nut on the front of the forend. You need to unscrew it using forend removal tool or pliers (insert them in two notches on the nut). You can use some oil to make this process easier. This procedure is very simple on brand new shotguns and may be problematic on old ones, especially if forend nut was there for ages.
3. Use pliers or forend wrench to unscrew the forend nut. Sometimes it may be difficult, especially on old wooden forends. Sometimes it is not possible to remove the nut without breaking the forend. But this usually happens when wrong tools are used to remove the forend nut.
4. Unscrew the forend nut.
5. When you have the forend nut unscrewed you can just slide the forend off.
6. Slide on new forend and reverse the process.
The procedure is very easy, especially if there is no problems unscrewing the forend nut. Such problems are rare and I hope that you will do this easily.
Remington 870 Forend Removal Video
Video above shows you how to replace the forend on Remington 870 shotgun.
|Get Brownells Remington/Mossberg Forend Wrench here:http://tinyurl.com/96f5lvu|