Thomas has sent me interesting instruction to make an inexpensive vertical homemade gun holder. Thomas, thank you very much for photos and info.
Magnetic gun holder
Metal strap 1″x5″x16ga, painted black
Two rectangular magnets or one long rectangular magnet
Electrical tape or heat shrink tubing
To create a vertical gun holder that is inexpensive, easy to make, easy to use, and durable.
1. Drill two holes, one in each end of strap, for mounting to surface.
2. Place the magnets on the metal strap and tape to hold.
3. Continue wrapping in tape or slip on the heat shrink tubing and apply heat.
4. Place a layer of masking tape over the entire backside of strap. This protects the surface you are mounting the holder to if you are afraid the spray paint may leech onto it. Seems kind of silly since you are about to put holes into the same surface, but holes you can fill and touch up.
5. Mount strap to surface.
6. Mount gun to holder
7. Drink a beer and stand there proudly.
The attached pictures show my 870 (Hans) mounted to my bed’s footboard, but the idea could work just about everywhere with minor modification. Consider this for handgun options as well. I have to give credit to some fellow I saw on youtube.com creating this. His plan was for under desk mounting of a Glock. I just wanted to prevent my Hans from ever sliding to the ground while it stands up in my bedroom.
Receiver mounted shell holders may cause some complication, but that’s where ingenuity comes in.