Dear readers of the Rem870.com blog,

J.R. have sent me update about his Remington 870 shotgun. I am really happy to receive photos and updates from readers of the blog. Here it is:
“Hi Vitaly, Just an update on the 870 project. I have installed a Command Arms cheek piece on my Mesa Tactical stock to raise the cheek height for my optics. The cheek piece fits and works perfectly. I have also made a custom single point sling which works great and I am very happy with.”

Command Arms Cheek Piece
Command Arms Cheek Piece
Mesa Tactical Stock
Mesa Tactical Stock
Remington 870 Sling
Remington 870 Sling
Tactical Remington 870
Tactical Remington 870

Related Post:
Mesa Tactical Low Tube Stock Kit for the Remington 870

7 thoughts on “Remington 870, Command Arms Cheek Piece, Mesa Tactical Stock, Single Point Sling

• 12.01.2010 at 06:58

Very nice J.R.,

Which cheek piece did you get? the CP1 or CP2? Looks like the CP1. Is it high enough? or would a CP2 with 1.25″ rise served you better. Either way it realy looks cool and I am sure it greatly assists alignment with your red-dot.

Your next upgrade surely has to be a Recoil Stock Kit. A recently introduced special upgraded versions for Mesa Tactical stock includes a newly developed hydraulic Recoil Buffer which replaces the standard receiver extension tube normally used with AR-15 style telescoping stock assemblies. You can purchase it seperately.

The new Recoil Buffer is manufactured for Mesa Tactical by Enidine Incorporated. Enidine has been the leading manufacturer of recoil absorbtion devices for stationary, mobile, and personal weapons for over forty years.

Check it out. The Hydraulic Recoil Buffer is said to be better and more durable than the “spring only” knoxx recoil reducing stock. I have not had the pleasure to test either, so maybe if you purchase it you can give us some feedback.

Thnx JR,
    Theodore

• 12.01.2010 at 23:50

Hello Theodore,

I actually have both the .7″ and 1.25″, it was about $10.00 cheaper to buy them as a set. The .7″ is perfect for this set up, I believe the 1.25″ would be for optics on tall scope rings or an AR carry handle type open sight. I do plan to get the Endine buffer when money permits but there is a Limbsaver that Mitch at Mesa Tactical found to fit these stocks and so I will probably go that route first since they are only $35.00. As far as the Knoxx stocks… Very popular but I’m not a big fan of plastic. My next costly upgrade will be a 20″ barrel so I can install my +3 mag extension and then Duracoat it with a couple coats of parker black. Thanks for the input Theodore.

Take care, J.R.

• 14.01.2010 at 07:50

Dear JR,

I have to ask! Did you construct or purchase your single point sling. I am planning on installing a GG&G sling swivel or Fabarm-Knoxx Adaptor Plare before the butt stock.

Your sling is perfect. I think it has a triangular metal link. If you purchased it please inform me from where, I need one!!

It is very hard to find such accessories in my country … so I purchase mainly via e-mail.

Best Regards,
    Theodore

• 14.01.2010 at 23:17

Hi Theodore, I did make the sling and although it is exactly what I want and fits me perfectly, it was a pain in the a$$. I would be glad to share everything about it if you are interested. Have you seen this sling???
    A single point and a dual point sling in one! It comes with several different types of attachments and it’s only about $30.00 US. I am eventually going to buy one of these for sure. Let me know if you need any info or anything, I would be glad to help.

Take care, J.R.

• 08.02.2010 at 20:41

What limbsaver did you find that fits the MESA Tactical LEO? I just bought one and that hard plastic feels pretty uncomfortable.

• 16.02.2010 at 22:44

Hey Jorge, Sorry about the delay. The limbsaver that fits these is #10701, this was the cheapest place I found it and there were no hassles, http://limbsaverproducts.com/

Take care, J.R.

• 17.02.2010 at 09:21

Jorge, I should also let you know when you install the limbsaver on the M4 stock, you will have to grind the bumps off and use plastic epoxy to mount it to the stock.

Take care, J.R.