Remington 870 USMC Mark 1 (MK1) Bayonet Adapter

Remington 870 USMC Mark 1 (MK1) Bayonet Adapter is one of the interesting but very rare items. I tried to find one without any success. I know that they were available at online auctions but I can’t find one for a long time.

Remington 870 USMC MK1
Remington 870 USMC MK1

There is also Remington 870 AF Bayonet Adapter which is very similar to the MK1 adapter:

Remington 870 AF
Remington 870 AF

Have you seen such adapter on one of the auctions? Do you have any information about Remington 870 USMC Mk 1 Bayonet Adapter?

28 thoughts on “Remington 870 USMC Mark 1 (MK1) Bayonet Adapter

• 08.07.2016 at 05:20

Fun plus its really cool and ifin one day you really do need it you’ll have it?

• 08.06.2019 at 12:59

When you run out of ammo while hunting wild dogs in Turkey

• 06.11.2020 at 09:40

jNemes65 – “Why you need a bayonet on a shotgun?”

1. A bayonet provides an option on the basic weapon platform. It’s a “2fer.”

2. If the shotgun bearer is exposed, a bayonet mounted on a shotgun (or any firearm) is both a practical and psychological dissuader when confronted with one or more threats.

3. Firearms expend ammunition and are not always speedily reloaded. A bladed weapon never runs out of ammunition, and “reloading” a bayonet is accomplished by extracting the blade from the most recent threat.

4. Firearms are limited in their numbers of different uses. Unattached bayonets have multiple uses, including being attached to a firearm.

5. Bayonets, whether attached to a firearm or not, are a lot quieter, if relative stealth is advisable or required.

6. When practicing unarmed/disarmed assurance of safety (“self-defense”) with a partner, a bayonet may be sheathed, thereby making its use in practice relatively safe. In practicing unarmed/disarmed assurance of safety with a partner who is using a loaded firearm, the unarmed/disarmed partner is more likely to require a casket.

7. For those needing tacticool, a bayonet attached to a Remington 870-platform 12ga TAC-14 DM goes a long way toward being fashion-right tacticool.

De Oppresso Liber

• 07.07.2016 at 20:33

You need more than just the bayonet adapter? You also need a dimpled magazine extension for the bayonet to slide onto?

• 22.07.2016 at 00:35

I have the S&J Hardware bayonet and I have to say I am disappointed with the quality of the machining; the bayonet barely fits onto the end of the magazine tube extension, and the tolerances are such that the ring on the bayonet handle rattles noticeably. I’ve had to stick a rubber washer onto the end of the extension to stop this.
    As for usefulness, I have fixed my bayonet a number of times while out bear hunting in dense bush here in British Columbia. I had to spend a half day helping a friend look for a black bear which he wounded last month, and I felt a lot safer for having it for that kind of unnerving work….I realize I am still at a major disadvantage to a bear’s fighting prowess, but it’s certainly better than using my fingernails!

• 22.09.2016 at 00:32

I have a old one for sale brand new in the box with the spring. Asking price is $500 buyer to pay S&H.

• 23.09.2016 at 14:48

Yikes! $500…is the shotgun w/ammo excluded?

• 11.03.2018 at 00:06

I wonder if a good machinist could make one, or a few, and sell them? I wound think there would be a market of some sort with 870 fans, and reanactors making it up.

• 27.10.2018 at 00:37

I had been exploring equipping my 870 Express with one of these bayonet attachments but never did. Lucky I didn’t because last week a company got a lot of trade in Ohio National Guard 870s complete. I managed to get one and except for a few dings in the wood it’s nearly new. It’s my new favorite shotgun, well, second after an Ithaca 37 police riot gun I inherited from my father.

• 06.03.2020 at 21:19

I’ve thought about making reproductions of the mk1 bayonet mount. However it appears to be the holy grail. If I could barrow one or get measurements on one I could probably make reproductions if there still isn’t any copy right legal issues.

• 03.04.2020 at 15:06

I would definitely buy as I’m sure most would.

• 17.05.2020 at 15:22

I have a new in box parkerized bead sight version. would like to obtain a coupleple more to set up the family’s 870s

• 06.11.2020 at 14:25

Are you looking for photos of these shotguns as well as parts to post here? I obtained an Ohio National Guard 870 and would be glad to show it with a little information about it, if you’re looking.