Remington 870 Price, Where to Buy, How much shotgun costs

If you are searching for Remington 870 for sale, you want to get the best price possible. Remington 870 is affordable shotgun, it is not expensive and it’s one of the reasons to get it. The price of the Remington 870 differs from state to state (in US) and from country to country. Also, the price of Remington 870 can be different for differemt models: Remington 870 Express, Remington 870 Police, Remington 870 Marine, Remington 870 Tactical etc.

Remington 870, Knoxx Stock and Forend, CDM Gear Clamp, Nordic Extension
Remington 870, Knoxx Stock and Forend, CDM Gear Clamp, Nordic Extension

Remington 870 price can be different in your state (country), that is why I decided to ask you about the price. Please leave a comment and answer what is the Remington 870 price in your state (country)?

Related Posts:

Remington 870 Accessories: Followers, Forend Integrated Lights, Stocks, Safety Buttons, Barrels, Magazine Extensions, Receiver Mounted Shell Holders (Sidesaddles)

52 thoughts on “Remington 870 Price, Where to Buy, How much shotgun costs

• 01.01.2012 at 20:54

The price of Remington 870 in Kiev, Ukraine is about $650 for Remington 870 Express Deer Gun. The Remington 870 Police price is about $1500.

• 03.01.2012 at 08:29

Three weeks ago I bought an 870 Express Synthetic with Remington factory installed +2 tube extender (no dimples on this model), with 18″ barrel and front bead sight.

$380US from Gander Mountain.

Yesterday I was given one from a family member – go figure. It’s a 1970’s model with vented rib long barrel and wood stock/forend, standard capacity. Only shot about 6 times. Looks like I’ll have twins real soon. New barrrel is on the way along with a Choate tube extender (half the price of a Remington) and follower from Brownells. I’m going to try the Knoxx on one before I buy a second tactical stock.

• 03.01.2012 at 10:10

Thomas, thanks for your comment. Are there any differences between 1970’s model and 870 Express?

• 03.01.2012 at 09:12

I bought an 870 express from a local dealer (simmonssportinggoods.com) for $289.99. After tax it was a total of 318.99. They had a rebate for $30 going on too. So after I get that back, I will have paid $288.99 for it.

• 03.01.2012 at 12:09

I purchased a used Remington 870 tactical at a pawn shop in Fort Smith, Arkansas, for $279. I often see Remington 870 police models on AuctionArms.com. If you are successful in winning the auction, you should be able to get one at a cost below retail. Sometimes, these models have accessories, too. I’ve purchased a couple under $250.

• 03.01.2012 at 13:08

T.D. Honeycutt, thanks for your comment and link, I think it will be very useful for other readers.

• 03.01.2012 at 13:57

No major differences that I can immediately tell, beyond the obvious trimmings. The first that I looked for was the trigger assembly – looks to still be plastic. I’m also going on word that this is a 1970’s era gun.The follower is a gray plastic rather than orange. I’ll be examining it more as I begin rebuilding it into a HD version.

• 04.01.2012 at 02:47

Thomas, thanks. By the way, is it true that 1970’s receiver is little heavier than the 870 Express receiver?

• 04.01.2012 at 08:25

Vitaly, how would I check that? Wall thickness? Or just general feel? I know weighing them is the obvious answer, but I’ll need to disassemble them both down to matching stock parts (remove barrels, aftermarket followers, stocks and foreneds, etc.) to do that. That may happen soon. I’ll also try to photo document all the before and after pics of my rebuilds and send them to you.

• 05.01.2012 at 01:01

Thomas, yes, that is a problem… Yes, I think that the best way to to weigh them when you have a chance.

Great, it will be very interesting to see before and after pics!

• 05.01.2012 at 05:45

Here in Sweden a new 870 Express with vented rib long barrel cost $710 US from torsbohandels.com, one of the major gun dealers.

I bought a used 1974 870 Wingmaster in good condition, I payed $217 US.

Thanks Vitaly for this site, I like it a lot.

• 05.01.2012 at 06:17

Swedala, thanks for your comment! It was very interesting to find out the price of Remington 870 in Sweden.

• 05.01.2012 at 20:53

The 1970s 870 will have an aluminum Trigger plate assembly while the newer Express models have trigger plate assemblies made form polymer. Additionally, the older 870 most likely will not have the flexitab carrier kit which consists of the U-notched flexitab carrier assembly (elevator), and modified slide and breech block assemblies. The older 870 will have a milled extractor, whereas the Express models have MIM extractors.

Milled extractors are relatively inexpensive, while the flexitab conversion kit is somewhat expensive.

Polymer trigger plate assemblies may be better than the aluminum part, and MIM extractors appear to hold up just fine. The flexitab carrier system makes it easier to correct a double-feed situation where a shell slips back out of the magazine and between the carrier and bolt, although not totally necessary as there is a satisfactory procedure for 870s without flexitabs: engage the safety; point the shotgun muzzle up with the offhand firmly grasping the forend and the other the grip of the butt stock; and then firmly drive the butt of the weapon against the ground or other solid object while simultaneously depressing the action bar release. This action will bring the action safely to the rear and clear the double feed.

• 05.01.2012 at 22:03

I believe this “1970s” era gun was in fact made closer to 1999 due to the polymer injection stamp on the trigger assembly saying “99” and pointing to 2.

• 09.01.2012 at 14:23

I used the barrel code to date my 870 Wingmaster since all indicates my barrel is the same as when it left the factory. Information on how to find out the month and year of manufacture of your barrel can be found at the Remington Society of America website

• 09.01.2012 at 18:55

I don’t see these left side markings on any of my three barrels – the original one in question, the replacement I just bought for it, or the new shotgun I bought in late December.

• 15.02.2012 at 23:24

WHY ARE THE 410 BORE 870 EXPRESS (#81156) SO HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS?!!!
    DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOURCE FOR REASONABLY PRICED 410 BORE 870 EXPRESS
    OR SPORTSMANS MODELS?

• 20.07.2012 at 06:27

I found mine used in a Fort Smith, Arkansas, pawnshop. I paid $325, and saw another .410 in another shop listed at $450.

• 09.10.2014 at 08:22

I’m looking for a second Remington 870 in .410, and it ain’t easy.

• 08.03.2012 at 04:27

The question of the price of a new 870 here in the US is a little bit like the question of the price of a new Chevrolet or Honda; there are so many models and options that prices can range widely. As I said in my introduction I got interested in 870s researching the Norinco 982 Hawk shotgun for a friend. It’s a high quality 870 copy with an 18.5 inch barrel, synthetic stock, 5 +1 capacity, ghost ring sights, milled extractor and metal trigger guard. I wound up buying one at Big 5 for $199.97. I will be getting better sight screws, a Wilson one round extension with sling swivel, S&J follower, Wolff magazine spring, rear sling swivel and a Remington 870 Police forend. These parts are going to cost me another $90 or so.
    The two genuine Remingtons most similar to my lightly modified Hawk are the 870 Express Tactical Model 81198 and the 870 Police Magnum Model 24421. They both have 18.5 inch barrels, synthetic stocks, 6+1 capacity, a Parkerized finish and rifle (or ghost ring) sights. The Police Magnum also has a metal trigger guard and a milled extractor, like my Hawk, while the Express does not. Buds Guns listed the 870 Express Tactical for $469 recently and a number of internet gun shops have priced the Police Magnum for around $650-700. I would want to upgrade either Remington with an S&J follower and Wolff spring; which would add another $20 to their cost.

• 08.03.2012 at 16:57

Where all the Remington 870 Express (410 Bore) and Reimington 870 Sportsmans(410 Bore)?!!!

• 07.04.2012 at 06:50

I bought my 12 gauge Model 870 Express from Walmart in Castle Rock, Colorado: $277 + 7.9%tax = $298.88

• 23.04.2012 at 00:29

New 870 Express Home Defense models here in Texas run around $280 for 5 shot model without magazine extension and $330 for 7 shot with +2 factory magazine extension. Express tactical models are between $400-$600 depending on sights, stocks, barrels, choked andfinishes. Police models are $600 and up. I’ve had good luck finding used 870P agency trade-ins condition “carried much, fired little” for well under $300 and they make great project shotguns. I’m kicking myself for passing up a parkerized Police Magnum in used but like new condition for $300 with 18.5″ improved cylinder with rifle sights and meprolight night sights factory installed. I was looking for something else at the time and was more focused on that! Interestingly enough I just saw a brand new Express Tactical model with the latest Blackhawk knoxx stock design stock installed an sporting a newly designed FIXED 6 shot magazine tube! It was about $519.

• 20.07.2012 at 06:01

Fled, thanks for your comment! It was very interesting to find out about the Remington 870 prices in Texas.

• 26.04.2012 at 22:25

Remington 870 Deer Gun ( with 20 inch smooth barrel ) costs about 900$ here, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

• 20.07.2012 at 06:00

Thanks for your comment, Aleksey! $900 is rather high price! The same model costs about $700 in Kiev, Ukraine.

• 26.07.2012 at 23:24

I paid $279.99 plus tax at Sports Authority in Northern California back in 2006

• 04.08.2012 at 11:58

I just paid $349 + tax for the 870 Express Synthetic 7-Round in the Sacramento, California area. Another gun shop wanted $379 and a sports retailer wanted over $400.

• 06.08.2012 at 22:51

And now thanks to another reader (Randomguns), I understand that Remington is giving $30 rebates for Model 870 Express shotguns purchased between August 1 and December 31, 2012

• 05.11.2012 at 08:37

Brian, thanks for your comment and letting us know about the Remington 870 price the Sacramento, California.

• 11.10.2012 at 20:55

I have bought several used 870 express shotguns for between $165-260.00 in Colorado. They’re very common in pawn shops and the used section of gun stores. Walmart sells a tactical version (synthetic furniture, +2 extension, 18″ barrel, bead sight) for around 600.

• 22.01.2013 at 22:26

I Just bought an 870 Express Shurshot at Academy Sports and Outdoors in South Carolina for 319, it’s some sort of special edition.

• 03.02.2013 at 23:34

I do the same thing as above and look locally for police trade in guns. These are great project guns and when I get through with it it is better than new.

• 14.02.2013 at 16:19

Guess I’m the real newby. Paid full retail, $436.00 for a 870 Express Synthetic at NP Gun Sales in Mohave Valley, AZ. Won’t be shoppin there anymore. Neither will anyone I talk to. Pays to look around.

• 11.03.2013 at 00:24

Today I bought my 870 12 ga. Express Synthetic 28″ at Flagstaff, AZ at a Walmart for $299.

• 21.03.2013 at 16:44

I just paid $250 Canadian for a 2001 Remington 870 Express with 26″ vent rib, plus $25 next day shipping to the door. Private sale,

I detail stripped the entire shotgun, its in rough shape, but nothing a good cleaning won’t clear up (I hope).

• 14.02.2014 at 15:48

Here in france a brand new 870 but with lined barrel ( special slug) cost 619€ nearly 750-800$ i think but.. 2 months before getting it…
    A non special slug one is unauthorized.

• 09.10.2014 at 08:19

Vitaly,
    In the past few weeks, a local farm store in Fort Smith, Arkansas, began advertising the Remington Model 870™ Express® Synthetic 7-Round shotgun for $373.95. That’s about what I paid for my first one back in 2009 in San Antonio, Texas, at a gun show. The MSRP off the Remington.com Web site is $443. If you look around on some gun auction sites, you can find the same shotgun, usually in decent shape, for much less. Right out of the box, the Express 7-rounder is a good home-defense shotgun, but it’s also a great platform for customizing.
    Tom Honeycutt
    Fort Smith, Arkansas USA

• 05.11.2014 at 17:39

Price Drop. I cannot post the actual advertisement, but Atwood’s, a farm-and-ranch store in Fort Smith, Arkansas, now is advertising the Remington 870 Tactical 12 gauge Express pump for $359.99. This is a drop from $379.99 from a few weeks ago. Vitaly, how many do you want me to send you?
    Tom Honeycutt
    Fort Smith, Arkansas

• 31.12.2014 at 21:29

Purchased an 870 tactical at Dicks Sporting Goods on black Friday for $229 after $30 rebate.

• 09.02.2015 at 15:57

I bought an express 18″ at Dicks Sporting Goods on black friday for $230 including the $30 rebate.