Streamlight TLR-2 Flashlight/Laser on Remington 870 Review
This is review of a very good tactical upgrade for Remington 870 shotgun: Streamlight TLR-2 Flashlight/Laser combo. I have installed it using CDM Gear BMT clamp with picatinny rail. I think this is the best way to attach Streamlight TLR-2 or Streamlight TLR-1 to Remington 870.
I really like this flashlight/laser combo, it is lightweight and easily attaches to a rail. TLR-2 is low profile and doesn’t stick out much. Streamlight TLR-1 which doesn’t have laser is even smaller.
Some good features of the Stremalight TLR-2:
- Ambidextrous momentary/constant switch which is very convenient to use with just one finger of the weak hand.
- Switch which allows you choose one of the three modes: flashlight only, laser and flashlight, laser only.
- Shock-proof C4 LED which means that you can use it on your shotgun. Also, LED doesn’t need much energy, so you can use it for several hours on two CR123 batteries.
- Built-in mount, which mounts directly to rail without additional accessories and keeps it low profile.
- Integrated laser sight which enables you to shoot from the hip level
Streamlight TLR-2 flashlight is very powerful and bright. Manufacturer guarantees that it is shock-proof, so you can use it on your shotgun. Power of this flashlight is enough for most situations.
What I love is very nice and unique flashlight’s switch, it is very easy to use it using your weak hand. You can switch it on/off using just one finger.
Integrated laser sight
I don’t like laser sights on shotguns. But this one is good, the dot is so big and so easy to see that it must be very easy to use it even under stress. Laser sight is a good addition to Streamlight TLR-2 but it makes it rather expensive.
Laser sight enables you to shoot from the hip, which is almost impossible with iron sights or even holographic sight. But remember that your enemy sees the dot too.
The Streamlight TRL-2 Flashlight/Laser combo doesn’t stick out much when mounted. It is low profile and here is photo where you can see this:
Remember that TLR-1 doesn’t have laser and it is smaller and cheaper.
Highly recommended upgrade but I am not sure that you need Streamlight TLR-2 with laser sight, Streamlight TLR-1 with flashlight is enough.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.
All blog comments are moderated. When you have your first message approved, all other comments will be posted without moderation.
Messages are moderated one time a day. If you don't see your message then it is awaiting moderation.