Remington 870 Extractor Replacement (How to Install non-MIM Extractor)
One of the simplest ways to improve your shotgun’s performance is to change a standard MIM (Metal injection molded) extractor with non-MIM (solid steel) extractor. Steel extractors are used on the Remington 870 Police shotguns because they are more durable and allow heavy use of a shotgun.
Changing the extractor on a Remington 870 improves reliability. New extractor is inexpensive ($10-15) and easy to install.
How to change the extractor on a Remington 870 shotgun:
1. Check that your shotgun is unloaded. Check both magazine tube and chamber.
2. Disassemble your Remington 870.
3. Take out the bolt.
4. Put a flat head screwdriver between a plunger and the extractor.
5. Pull the extractor plunger back to depress the spring which is located behind it. Then lift the extractor out rotating it.
6. Take the new non-MIM extractor and push it rotating in until it snaps in place with click.
I have created following video to show you how to change the extractor on a Remington 870:
Please Donate, Show Your Support!
All blog comments are moderated. When you have your first message approved, all other comments will be posted without moderation.
Messages are moderated one time a day. If you don't see your message then it is awaiting moderation.