Shotgun Shooting Tips
Here are some tips which will help you in shotgun shooting:
- Proper shooting stance. It is very important to train a proper shooting stance. Train it everyday when dry fire, this builds your muscle memory. Believe me, dry firing will improve your results dramatically.
- Control your breath when shooting slugs. It is not that important when you shoot birdshots or buckshots.
- Control your trigger finger. This is important when shooting slugs. Pull the trigger smoothly.
- Don’t anticipate a recoil. This is very easy to test, ask your friend to load your shotgun with several rounds, one of them will be a dummy shell. If you are anticipating recoil you will notice how you push a shotgun forward when pulling the trigger and think that it is going to fire.
- Keep both eyes open. This is very important. Using both eyes when aiming will give you better depth perception and a peripheral vision. This is very good habit for defensive shooting.
- Choose a stock of a proper length.
- Test the ammunition and find that one which works best with your shotgun.
Can you add any other shotgun shooting tips?
There are no trackbacks on this entry.
All blog comments are moderated. When you have your first message approved, all other comments will be posted without moderation.
Messages are moderated one time a day. If you don't see your message then it is awaiting moderation.