Mesa side saddle install issue

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Jarhead73

Mesa side saddle install issue

Post by Jarhead73 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Howdy
I've installed a Mesa side saddle on my 870 xpress. Simple enough over all. Now shells will not chamber. They remain in the feed tube and will not feed or eject. Have to pull then out manually.
I removed the kit pins and reinstalled the original pins. Now Shells feed and eject as intended.
Anyone encounter this issue? Any feedback available? Thanks.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Mesa side saddle install issue

Post by Synchronizor » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 am

Sounds like you did something to bind up or restrict the shell latches. The front trigger plate pin passes through holes in the shell latches, and is the primary anchor holding them in place when the gun operates. Maybe try installing the Mesa pins by themselves without the shell carrier, and see if the issue is still there.

USAF Shooter
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Mesa side saddle install issue

Post by USAF Shooter » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 am

I have installed at least a half dozen Mesa sidesaddles and have never had a problem. I have heard a few people have the issue you're having, and usually it means you may have over tightened the Mesa screws a little bit (pinching the receiver). This is very rare, but it does happen. Try using Loctite and less pressure on the screws; just my opinion.
Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...