Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Bill_1202
New Shotgunner

Re: Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Post by Bill_1202 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:17 am

How did you get that rib on that short barrel? That looks cool.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Bill_1202 wrote:I am planning on getting the Magpul stock you have. I do have a question though. Does that Remington recoil pad attach to the Magpul and bolt right on? Did you have to do anything different to the Magpul stock to get them to work together?
Magpul makes an adapter for their shotgun stocks that allows you to install recoil pads meant for 12ga Remington factory synthetic shotgun stocks:

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:34 am

Here's an Ultimate 870HD build I did for a customer. It started life as an 870 Tactical, but I upgraded basically everything. I installed our Ultimate Reliability Kit, which includes the non-MIM extractor from the 870 Police model, the upgraded carrier dog spring, and a Vang Comp follower. I also added the 870P sear spring to reduce the chance of a negligent discharge. I added a Vang Comp Big Dome safety. Next, I polished the action bars and coated them with Cerakote's MicroSlick, so it cycles like butter. I also added MicroSlick to the bolt. Next, I installed a Nordic Components magazine spring. I finished it in black Cerakote. I also installed a XS Big Dot tritium bead night sight, and a Mesa Tactical aluminum shell carrier. After the pics were taken, I added an Elzetta Alpha flashlight...315 lumens and only 3.4 ounces. Furniture is from Magpul. It came out pretty well.
Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by UltimateGuns on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:41 am

Here's another Ultimate 870HD build I did for a customer. It started life as an 870 Tactical, but I upgraded basically everything. I installed our Ultimate Reliability Kit, which includes the non-MIM extractor from the 870 Police model, the upgraded carrier dog spring, and a Vang Comp follower. I also added the 870P sear spring to reduce the chance of a negligent discharge. I added a Vang Comp Big Dome safety. Next, I polished the action bars and coated them with Cerakote's MicroSlick, so it cycles like butter. I also added MicroSlick to the bolt. Next, I installed a Nordic Components magazine spring. I finished it in Tungsten Cerakote. I also installed a XS Big Dot tritium bead night sight, and a Mesa Tactical aluminum shell carrier. Furniture is from Magpul with hydrographics. I love the Tungsten, but I'm not personally a fan of the hydro on the furniture.
Thanks,
Brad

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:47 am

Here's another Ultimate 870HD build I did. It follows my standard spec...I installed our Ultimate Reliability Kit, which includes the non-MIM extractor from the 870 Police model, the upgraded carrier dog spring, and a Vang Comp follower. I also added the 870P sear spring to reduce the chance of a negligent discharge. I added a Vang Comp Big Dome safety. Next, I polished the action bars and coated them with Cerakote's MicroSlick, so it cycles like butter. I also added MicroSlick to the bolt. Next, I installed a Nordic Components magazine spring. I finished it in Burnt Bronze Cerakote. I also installed a XS Big Dot tritium bead night sight, and a Mesa Tactical aluminum shell carrier. Furniture is Magpul's Flat Dark Earth. I have to say, I think this is the prettiest "tactical" 870 I've ever seen.

Thanks,
Brad

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Here's another Ultimate 870HD build spec. Most folks ask for Magpul furniture these days, but the Hogue OverMolded is a still a phenomenal upgrade from the cheap, slippery plastic Remington uses.

- Remington 870 Tactical
- Ultimate Reliability Kit, includes the non-MIM extractor & upgraded carrier dog spring from 870 Police, & Vang Comp follower.
- 870 Police sear spring
- Vang Comp Big Dome safety.
- Polished the action bars and coated them with Cerakote's MicroSlick
- Finished the bolt with MicroSlick
- Nordic Components magazine spring.
- XS Big Dot tritium bead night sight
- Mesa Tactical aluminum shell carrier
- Elzetta Alpha flashlight - 315 Lumens with Flood lens
- Hogue OverMolded stock set
- Finished in Tungsten Cerakote

Thanks for looking,
Brad

Usmc1963
New Shotgunner

Post by Usmc1963 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 19687 times
My basic 870 home defense shotgun.
Frank

sodapopsixtysix
Shotgunner

Post by sodapopsixtysix » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:16 am

Here's my "Plain Jane" Express Magnum Synthetic.

I did make a few mods because I wanted something that my wife could use for HD (I have an 870P) and that I could use for sporting clays. It came with a factory 2+ extension but I took it off and sold it (I know, don't hate me) and bought an extra Remington 26" vent rib barrel for the clays. While it's in the house it wears the original 18" barrel. I also swapped out the original "J" lock trigger for a standard composite one and added a Wilson Combat jumbo safety. Instead of a side saddle I opted for an Uncle Mike's neoprene shell carrier so I can keep some rounds handy inside and then empty it and not look TactiCool while shooting clays.
Last edited by sodapopsixtysix on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

yotefan2
New Shotgunner

Post by yotefan2 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Magpul Butt stock w/ cheek riser and Forend , 500 lumen light with pressure switch, Trinity force reflex sight,combination side saddle with rail replaced factory extractor with a NON-MIM extractor added a Magul front sling mount (not shown). Think I am done any suggestions?
Attachments
001 (5).JPG
001 (5).JPG (253.44 KiB) Viewed 19228 times

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

yotefan2 wrote:Magpul Butt stock w/ cheek riser and Forend , 500 lumen light with pressure switch, Trinity force reflex sight,combination side saddle with rail replaced factory extractor with a NON-MIM extractor added a Magul front sling mount (not shown). Think I am done any suggestions?
Looks like you can add a plus one magazine extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro