Lee Ingot Mold

Shotgun Ammunition Reloading.
Vitaly
Owner

Lee Ingot Mold

Post by Vitaly » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:41 am

Lee Ingot Mold is another inexpensive but very useful tool for making lead ingots for future use.

Attachments
melting_lead_making_ingots.jpg
melting_lead_making_ingots.jpg (43.31 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Re: Lee Ingot Mold

Post by mercman » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:37 pm

I also use that mold. I got a couple of 5 gallon buckets of new lead seals from my local electrical utility when they went to plastic seals for their billing meters. They are pure lead so that I know what I'm starting with when I make my bullet alloys. That was one of the molds I used to make bulk pure lead ingots.
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:28 am

mercman wrote:I got a couple of 5 gallon buckets of new lead seals from my local electrical utility when they went to plastic seals for their billing meters. They are pure lead so that I know what I'm starting with when I make my bullet alloys.
Dang. Jackpot.

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:31 am

Yeah, right place at the right time! I see where the last lead foundry in the U.S. was forced to close their doors recently. That could bode ill for both reloaders and shooters.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... roduction/
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:28 am

mercman wrote:I see where the last lead foundry in the U.S. was forced to close their doors recently. That could bode ill for both reloaders and shooters.
Honestly, I don't see it, and I think everyone got their panties in a twist over nothing when that happened. Things governed by supply and demand always have a way of finding a natural balance. If there's a demand for lead, it'll get met one way or another. If supply or prices start to be a problem with existing sources, someone else will step in to make money off the market opportunity. Remember that whole "life finds a way" concept from Jurassic Park? The same principal applies to economics and trade.