Wilson Combat Mag Extension

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
spoonhead
New Shotgunner

Wilson Combat Mag Extension

Post by spoonhead » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:05 am

I have a wilson combat +2 extension on an 870P with the vertical sling plate and have no complaints
with it on this firearm except for the fact that the sling plate cannot be removed or the position
changed like vang comp, suarez, s&j hardware etc. This wasn't something that really bothered me
initially, but now I'm considering removing the sling plate altogether, and was wondering if anyone
else has done so with a WC? and if so what was the easiest method?

I realize they sell them without the sling plate, but I already have this one. So...

J-wall
New Shotgunner

Re: Wilson Combat Mag Extension

Post by J-wall » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 am

Well, I just got one this week and it looks like my vertical plate, like yours, would be pretty hard to remove.

I love the thing - very impressive. Good luck!

Cobb

Post by Cobb » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:33 pm

I was unhappy with the sling plate on mine and just yesterday, put the plate in the vice and tapped it gently (KINDA) with a flat nosed punch to slightly spread the opening. Didn't take much, and I was able to remove it and flip it around. Gently tap it closed and you're good to go.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 am

The Wilson Combat extensions are really good value for the money. Sturdy all-steel construction, good Parkerized finish, reliable without any tweaks, and a variety of sling options for the same price as many really low-end extensions. But because of that price point, you pass up some premium features like optimized capacity and flippable/changeable sling plates.

If you want to remove a sling plate on a WC extension, you'll need to remove the welded-on retention ring. A grinding wheel on a Dremel is all you really need to snp the little spot welds.

My WC +1 extension was purchased used, and the previous owner had already done this. If you're careful, it doesn't even leave that much of a mess behind. Just keep in mind that this is a permanent change, so make sure you really want it this way.