UBS-12 Under Barrel Mount - Shotgun Attachment System

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Samuell

UBS-12 Under Barrel Mount - Shotgun Attachment System

Post by Samuell » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:01 pm

What do you guys think?

UBS-12 Under Barrel Mount - Shotgun Attachment System - 870 and Clones

https://www.lockharttactical.com/ubs-12

Awesome? or... Awesome!

Banshee
    Guru Shotgunner

Re: UBS-12 Under Barrel Mount - Shotgun Attachment System

Post by Banshee » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Nope, i’ll pass. To heavy
    The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

Synchronizor
    Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:25 am

Same here. It's pretty much a less streamlined, more bulky take on the old KAC Masterkey concept from the 1980s - and that thing wasn't exactly lightweight or low-profile to begin with.

An under-barrel shotgun seems like something people keep trying, but it never really takes off. You still always just see cops & soldiers using stand-alone shotguns for breaching. I suspect hanging a whole shotgun out below the muzzle of a rifle just makes both too awkward to be worth any advantages. In any case, the all-steel, magnum-action 870 is probably not the best choice for this concept.

However, that pop-on pop-off stock unit with internal shell storage that they show looks pretty neat. Forget the hump-back for attaching it to another gun, I think just an SBS 870 with an adapter for a quick-detach stock like that could have real potential as a tuck-away emergency gun.

Banshee
    Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Many in the AR world bitch about the weight of a 20 inch HBAR, I can't see them warming up to hanging 5+lb under the barrel of their carbines.
    The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.