Pictures of your Remington 870 Shotgun

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Pictures of your Remington 870 Shotgun

Post by Synchronizor » Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Vitaly wrote:Synchronizor, have you tried Marine Magnum spring? Is it stronger?
From what I understand it's the same spring, just with a different material or finish to make it more corrosion-resistant. If you look through Remington's parts list, you'll notice that many parts for the 870 have a more corrosion-resistant Marine Magnum version. I doubt the Marine Magnum parts offer huge advantages over their standard counterparts, but they don't usually cost any more, either.
Vitaly wrote:The most critical malfunction I had was when extractor depressed extractor spring and stuck in back position. That was during competition and I spent about 60 seconds fixing that. That happened only once in 4 years and thousands of rounds, but that happened in a very wrong time.
What made it do that? Was it a new extractor that hadn't yet been worn in, or did the spring/plunger channel have buildup in it?

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Post by JBall » Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 am

Dang, how much does that thing weigh now?[/quote]

I haven't officially weighed it yet but certainly still manageable. You'd be surprised, and the foregrip (which is hollow and bottomless polymer, feather light) gives that extra bit of stability when lining up the iron sights.

MStarmer
Super Shotgunner

Post by MStarmer » Mon May 13, 2013 10:58 pm

New 870P in Blue! (Model 24899). Originally I went to my LGS looking for maybe one of the Police models with the Scattergun/XS combo's but nothing in stock. My other 870P is on it's way back to Remington and a lucky bingo night for the wife funded a backup 870. After unsuccessfully negotiating a price for a 870P with the plain XS sights I asked if they just had any of the plain jane P's in wood again as they were a fair price. I was surprised when he brought out this blue one with the chromed bolt. Not what I was after but I couldn't leave it behind, just too damn pretty! Once my paperwork cleared a different salesperson rang it up for the $75 cheaper than originally planned. Stupid conscience got in the way and I had to fess up... Still OTD $600, probably not the best deal in the world but fair to me.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Post by JBall » Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 am

Very nice!

DaveC
Addict Shotgunner

Post by DaveC » Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I'll say! Verrrry nice! Thanks for favoring us with some great pics! :)
Alle Kunst ist umsonst, wenn ein Engel in das Zündloch prunst.

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Beautiful! Didn't know those were still available, nice score. I've really got to get a chrome bolt for my 870P.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

MStarmer
Super Shotgunner

Post by MStarmer » Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Chief Brody wrote:Beautiful! Didn't know those were still available, nice score. I've really got to get a chrome bolt for my 870P.
Thanks! I have to admit I have admired yours a few times. I have the same side saddle but I'm not sure I want to put velcro on the blued finish!

I don't think they are, I think it just happened to be in their warehouse. I actually asked for another park'd one but once he came out with this one it had to be adopted. Very well finished inside and out, extremely smooth. First gun I'm giving Froglube a try on as well. Frogg'd the thing inside and out.

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Wed May 15, 2013 2:12 am

Yeah, I hear ya buddy - I think on that blued finish, all I'd do is a blued OEM +2 for added capacity, and skip the side saddle.
Lately, I've been thinking of cutting my stock to bring down the LOP a bit. I'm having commitment anxiety about the idea, though..
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

MStarmer
Super Shotgunner

Post by MStarmer » Wed May 15, 2013 3:02 am

Yeah I cut the stock on my other one (park'd 24901), I just figured if I botched it I'd just order one from Remington. The cutting of the stock wasn't bad but fitting the pad was a pain. Turned out OK for my first attempt I think. After doing it I came across numerous posts that suggest NOT using a Limbsaver if you are doing it yourself along with a lot of smiths don't want to do them either. Just too gummy to work with, don't have a long lifespan and sometimes get kind of meltedy in warm weather (not a real word but you get the idea)... All in all the length is good give or take a bit. I'm going to pull the wood off the blued one and store it in the box, and use the cut down stock as I have a magpul stock I'm using on the other one. I may try again or have someone else do it with a Pachmayr Decelerator, I have found the grind-to-fit Limbsaver is too sticky to shoulder consistently.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed May 15, 2013 3:55 am

Loving that chromed bolt. One of these days, I'd like to drop a Marine Magnum breech bolt assembly into my gun to get a similar look.