Winter Storm Pax

Talk about everything not related to Remington 870
EdwardE
Experienced Shotgunner

Winter Storm Pax

Post by EdwardE » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:41 pm

So how are the rest of you South-easterners doing? Here in central South Carolina, It's been raining ice (the "drops" are about the size of a large pinhead) continually since 3:00 am. Sounds like a bunch of cicadas when I walk outside. It's right at 3" deep and expected to continue into Thursday. Nothing is moving.
Though I have experienced snow before as a life-long southerner, I don't recall ever having this type of storm before. Fortunately, the ice is dry and does not appear to be sticking to tree limbs or power lines.

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Re: Winter Storm Pax

Post by ponycarman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Doing fine so far. I am in upstate SC. Been snowing here all morning and just started a sleet snow mix about an hour ago. I have never seen this much snow. Not that I can remember. I am also a born and raised southerner right here in SC.

EdwardE
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by EdwardE » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:43 pm

I figured you must be getting the white stuff in spades being in the upstate. I spoke with the Old Man this morning (he's up in Rock Hill) and there was 6" on the ground and still going strong.
I'm tired of winter. Bring on the heat and humidity, already!

ponycarman
Senior Shotgunner

Post by ponycarman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:41 am

Same here. Last time we took the hound dogs out it was 4-6in of snow with about a half inch of sleet ice over top of it. I too am ready for the cold to be over. The weather has been quite odd all year.