Sabot Slug Shortage???

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
Msc6623
New Shotgunner

Sabot Slug Shortage???

Post by Msc6623 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:15 am

I have checked every internet site I can find and not a single one has ANY brand of Sabot Slug in stock. Not even the big box dealers like Cabelas.

Even when googling Sabot Slug shortage, no one is even talking about it. Which is even more strange.

Obviously this has something to do with the current COVID situation at hand, but I’m baffled that I can’t locate a single box of Sabot Slugs ANYWHERE!

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Sabot Slug Shortage???

Post by Scorpion8 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:47 pm

Everything seems to be in short supply - powders, primers, 22LR yet again, any prepper caliber like 9mm or 45acp, and the list goes on. I'm almost loathe to go shoot anything that I can't replace right now.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

uwmcscott
New Shotgunner

Re: Sabot Slug Shortage???

Post by uwmcscott » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 pm

Shotgun ammo is about the only thing left on the shelves around here - but mostly just steel and trap/field loads - Slugs and Buckshot are completely gone too. Other than a handful of oddbal rifle calibers, stores have been picked clean for at least a couple of weeks. Even the 22lr is gone now.

I did find that Bud's gun shop has some "Rio Royal" brand buckshot and slugs for about $4.99 a box but it's not even listed if you search their site by guage - you have to search "rio royal" in the search box. Looks like they still have star slugs but no sabot slugs.

The main big-box shop here is Gander Outdoors which used to be Gander Mountain but was bought out by Overtons/Camping world. I talked to the firearm manager yesterday and he said not only do they have nothing in stock but haven't gotten a single box of ammo in either of their weekly truckloads from corporate. Looks like it's going to be a long time before anyone has much available at all unless you snipe on Ammoseek.