Questions for Shockwave Owners

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
gyro_cfi
Shotgunner

Questions for Shockwave Owners

Post by gyro_cfi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:43 am

Want to buy a couple of Mossberg Shockwaves for the vehicles.
Does that strap on the foregrip come off cleanly (screws)?
I've heard they shoot high, has that been your experience?
Is there a wrist stabilizer available for it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Questions for Shockwave Owners

Post by Scorpion8 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:34 pm

gyro_cfi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:43 am
I've heard they shoot high, has that been your experience?
I don't own one, but I'd bet they shoot high because that stub of a rear stock doesn't give you any leverage in pointing the shotgun, and the action geometry naturally causes the barrel to rise. Just my $0.02.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Not sure about the Shockwave but I have two of the Remington Tac14's and one of the semiauto Tac13's. I have two trucks and one Tac14 is in my hiking truck and my daily driver carries the TC13.

I'm currently living in a 29' travel trailer while I'm building an earth sheltered home in the Rocky Mountains SW of Denver. The other Tac14 is my HD gun for the trailer.

All three guns are very manageable for me but then I have extensive formal training the use of short barreled pistol gripped shotguns. I also live on a heavily wooded 10 acres with few neighbors so the SG's make sense for my use. There are also bears, cougars and coyote packs that wander through my property, not to mention the occasional moose and lots of elk.

As for the OP's question, I don't believe that there would be much more rise in the muzzle if used correctly. The short barreled SG's with the pistol or bird grips are meant to be fired in a raised position as there were an invisible shoulder stock. The Shockwave does have an aluminum receiver but I don't know that if that would make any difference.

Again, as with any projectile weapon, practice, practice, practice. And safety first.
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:05 pm

I own a shockwave, Tac-13 and a Tac-14. Yes, they are more difficult to shoot than a full stocked shotgun, but with practice you can quickly learn to shoot them very effectively. The Shockwave is the most difficult one to shoot. It recoils the most of the three.
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.