Hardening against home invasion.

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Post Reply
gyro_cfi
Shotgunner
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Hardening against home invasion.

Post by gyro_cfi » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:58 am

Was thinking about relatively easy ways to harden my home against home invasion. I will be adding a security screen door to the front door; motion lights around the home; and reinforcing the frame to the door going out into the garage.
I need suggestions for how to harden my glass sliding door to the back yard. I have a board jammed between slider and frame. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Banshee
Addict Shotgunner
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Lost State of Franklin

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by Banshee » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:01 am

Steel bars over the glass door
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

000Robert
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by 000Robert » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:37 am

You could screw some anchors to the back of the sliding door to lock it down if you haven't done it already. I heard that some of the sliding glass doors can be lifted off of the track at the back and removed relatively easily.

x5050160
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by x5050160 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:34 pm

You could have the door glass removed and a screen mesh placed between the 2 panes of glass

User avatar
Banshee
Addict Shotgunner
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Lost State of Franklin

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by Banshee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:37 pm

Glass doors are almost impossible to secure against invasion. You can break one out quicker than you can unlock it. A simple spring load center punch will make one explode into a million pieces.
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

gyro_cfi
Shotgunner
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by gyro_cfi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:56 am

000Robert wrote:You could screw some anchors to the back of the sliding door to lock it down if you haven't done it already. I heard that some of the sliding glass doors can be lifted off of the track at the back and removed relatively easily.
This is how the "East Side Rapist" was getting into homes in Sacramento in the late 70s. Who ended up being a cop they caught by dna recently.
I think this might be the solution for the glass door: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/building-wi ... aid_Search


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


Chef Duane
Shotgunner
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:45 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by Chef Duane » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:48 am

gyro_cfi wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:58 am
Was thinking about relatively easy ways to harden my home against home invasion. I will be adding a security screen door to the front door; motion lights around the home; and reinforcing the frame to the door going out into the garage.
I need suggestions for how to harden my glass sliding door to the back yard. I have a board jammed between slider and frame. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A great big "NRA Life Member" sticker? :D
There is no greater defense against evil on the rampage that a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

000Robert
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by 000Robert » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am

Chef Duane wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:48 am
gyro_cfi wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:58 am
Was thinking about relatively easy ways to harden my home against home invasion. I will be adding a security screen door to the front door; motion lights around the home; and reinforcing the frame to the door going out into the garage.
I need suggestions for how to harden my glass sliding door to the back yard. I have a board jammed between slider and frame. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A great big "NRA Life Member" sticker? :D
No, a big "GOA Life Member" sticker! :D

gyro_cfi
Shotgunner
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by gyro_cfi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm

No, a big "GOA Life Member" sticker!

A great big "NRA Life Member" sticker? :D

100% perfection with both! Great!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





000Robert
Enthusiast Shotgunner
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Re: Hardening against home invasion.

Post by 000Robert » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:55 am

Having both stickers may scare the criminal more! ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests