870 receiver blueprints available?

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
JMa

870 receiver blueprints available?

Post by JMa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi.

I was wondering if 870 receiver schematics exist like they do for AR receivers, which are easily available everywhere. Maybe not for free, but as long and its fair and accurate I'd be open to it.

I might end up measuring it myself, but given all the permits I need to get a shotgun in my country and how slow and painful bureaucracy is, I though I might speed the process of getting a bit by just getting the measures from a reliable source.

If anyone can shed any info on the matter, I'd be most pleased.

Thanks.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Re: 870 receiver blueprints available?

Post by Banshee » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:24 am

None i have ever seen. I contacted Remington a few years ago about a few 870 dimensions and got a very strong “NO” .
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

JMa

Post by JMa » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 am

Banshee wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:24 am
None i have ever seen. I contacted Remington a few years ago about a few 870 dimensions and got a very strong “NO” .
I see. Such a shame. I'll try to get my hands on one and do it myself, then.

Thanks for your answer.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 am

Which dimensions are you needing?
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

JMa

Post by JMa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Banshee wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 am
Which dimensions are you needing?
I'd be most interested in the shape and measures of the parts which connect to the buttstock, trigger group assembly as well as the front assembly. Or rather I should say, I'd be interested in making a different receiver to which every other stock (or aftermarket) piece could be attached to.
Sidney wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:03 am
When the patent for the design of the Remington 870 pump action shotgun expired Smith & Wesson manufactured a limited run of their own version of the Remington 870's and called it model 3000. In Google searches some say it was better built than Remington's 870, if that is the case then why did they stop making them?. I don't know if their parts are the same or not:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wess ... aster.html

Also a large Chinese firearm's manufacturer called Norinco (they obviously have a website and "contact us" section) manufacturers many world famous guns at a lower price and quality including the Remington 870. Just Google "Norinco 870 clone" or such to see and Google "Norinco" to find the manufacturer's website.

If you contact Smith & Wesson and Norinco one may share the blue prints, data sheets, etc. Please keep up posted.
Thanks. I've contacted a local college as they have a 3D scanner. They seem reluctant given it's about firearms and they are frowned upon in my country. Still waiting for their final answer, but maybe I might get measures that way.

If I ever get the measures, I'll be sure to post them, either in blueprint form or as a digitalized model.