Sling options for HD use

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
shawnm
New Shotgunner

Re: Sling options for HD use

Post by shawnm » Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm

I too am researching sling options. I have a Rem 870 with Magpul front and rear and a Scattergun Technologies +2 magazine tube extension with a swivel lug on the spacer. I also have a Mossberg 590A1 #51771 with a Magpul SGA stock and their railed forend which has a swivel stud on the front of the magazine tube.

I (think I) want to run a 2 point sling and will probably get one sling to swap between the two guns for now at least. I'm looking at the Magpul MS1 with a 1 1/4" Uncle Mike's swivel sling attachment for the front end. My question is what to do at the stock. I can thread the sling through the SGA directly but that definitely doesn't make for quick changes. But adding the QD hardware for both guns is more than the price of another sling! Maybe just get two slings and hardwire them? Other thoughts or slings I should consider?

Bourget117
Active Shotgunner

Post by Bourget117 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 pm

shawnm wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm
I too am researching sling options. I have a Rem 870 with Magpul front and rear and a Scattergun Technologies +2 magazine tube extension with a swivel lug on the spacer. I also have a Mossberg 590A1 #51771 with a Magpul SGA stock and their railed forend which has a swivel stud on the front of the magazine tube.

I (think I) want to run a 2 point sling and will probably get one sling to swap between the two guns for now at least. I'm looking at the Magpul MS1 with a 1 1/4" Uncle Mike's swivel sling attachment for the front end. My question is what to do at the stock. I can thread the sling through the SGA directly but that definitely doesn't make for quick changes. But adding the QD hardware for both guns is more than the price of another sling! Maybe just get two slings and hardwire them? Other thoughts or slings I should consider?
That's what I'm getting for mine. Ms1 with two uncle Mike sling swivel attachments front and rear.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 am

shawnm wrote:
I (think I) want to run a 2 point sling and will probably get one sling to swap between the two guns for now at least. I'm looking at the Magpul MS1 with a 1 1/4" Uncle Mike's swivel sling attachment for the front end.
If you're still figuring out what setup works for you, I would suggest grabbing a bargain-bin sling for $5 rather than going for the Magpul right off the bat. That'll let you try out the setup and decide if you like it enough to go for the top-end sling. Plus, then you have a backup on hand.

shawnm
New Shotgunner

Post by shawnm » Wed May 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Synchronizor wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 am
shawnm wrote:
I (think I) want to run a 2 point sling and will probably get one sling to swap between the two guns for now at least. I'm looking at the Magpul MS1 with a 1 1/4" Uncle Mike's swivel sling attachment for the front end.
If you're still figuring out what setup works for you, I would suggest grabbing a bargain-bin sling for $5 rather than going for the Magpul right off the bat. That'll let you try out the setup and decide if you like it enough to go for the top-end sling. Plus, then you have a backup on hand.
I've got tons of rifle slings laying around. I've watched a bunch of YouTube stuff and I'm convinced that I want to go 2 point. The MS1 is $30 on Amazon and if I hate it on my shotgun I figure I can run it on an AR. I was really just on the fence about the QD attachment which seems cool but I think I'm just going to go with 2 slings.

shawnm
New Shotgunner

Post by shawnm » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Brownell's has free shipping today on any order with code M6K. Used it to pick up the Scattergun Technologies lefthand sling mount for the 870.