New tactical/hd build

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Other_barry
New Shotgunner

Re: New tactical/hd build

Post by Other_barry » Sun May 14, 2017 3:32 pm

dtjacob wrote:I have the Knoxx Specopps Gen II recoil reducing stock & it will hit a large head safety when the shotgun is fired......I know because I did it.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
Good to know... thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackWhiteGrey
Shotgunner

Post by BlackWhiteGrey » Sun May 14, 2017 6:39 pm

well that's garbage. I'd return that stock and put that money towards the VCD treatment from vangcomp. I think you'll notice more recoil reduction out of that then the Knoxx stock.

Other_barry
New Shotgunner

New tactical/hd build

Post by Other_barry » Sun May 14, 2017 6:42 pm

BlackWhiteGrey wrote:well that's garbage. I'd return that stock and put that money towards the VCD treatment from vangcomp. I think you'll notice more recoil reduction out of that then the Knoxx stock.
Forgive my ignorance lol... the VCD treatment?

***edit****
I just watched the barrel modification video on the vangcomp site... that is very good info.

BlackWhiteGrey
Shotgunner

Post by BlackWhiteGrey » Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 am

Other_barry wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 6:42 pm
BlackWhiteGrey wrote:well that's garbage. I'd return that stock and put that money towards the VCD treatment from vangcomp. I think you'll notice more recoil reduction out of that then the Knoxx stock.

***edit****
I just watched the barrel modification video on the vangcomp site... that is very good info.
not to sound like a complete vang comp whore but I've always loved shotguns, but I never really loved shooting them for extended periods of time. I shot my 20" 590a1 the most but then I got an 870 and found i preferred the feel and the controls layout. The day my eyes were opened was when Vang Comp was selling new barrels with the treatment already done to them. Figured I could sell my barrel and hardly have spent anything.
Wow, my first range outing with it I was floored with how much more controllable the gun was and what great shot patterns I could get out of even cheaper ammo.
Just got my second 870, a police magnum, and am currently waiting on the arrival of my Vang Comp treated barrel....then I'll shoot it.

Other_barry
New Shotgunner

Post by Other_barry » Mon May 15, 2017 1:34 am

BlackWhiteGrey wrote:
Other_barry wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 6:42 pm

***edit****
not to sound like a complete vang comp whore but I've always loved shotguns, but I never really loved shooting them for extended periods of time. I shot my 20" 590a1 the most but then I got an 870 and found i preferred the feel and the controls layout. The day my eyes were opened was when Vang Comp was selling new barrels with the treatment already done to them. Figured I could sell my barrel and hardly have spent anything.
Wow, my first range outing with it I was floored with how much more controllable the gun was and what great shot patterns I could get out of even cheaper ammo.
Just got my second 870, a police magnum, and am currently waiting on the arrival of my Vang Comp treated barrel....then I'll shoot it.
That's pretty high praise... after looking at the video I plan on buying a second barrel and having them work on it

BlackWhiteGrey
Shotgunner

Post by BlackWhiteGrey » Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 am

if that's your plan you might try calling/writing them to see if they have any already done barrels on hand. Sometimes they do.

Other_barry
New Shotgunner

Post by Other_barry » Tue May 16, 2017 12:49 am

Update... should be getting an upgraded follower from G G and G, and spec ops stock this week. I emailed vangcomp and am waiting for a response, one way day another I'm getting their treatment on a barrel.

Other_barry
New Shotgunner

Post by Other_barry » Wed May 17, 2017 8:58 pm

I got the parts in today. The crappy plastic tool that comes with the Blackhawk set to change the forend promptly broke. So at this point I have the butt stock and the follower installed. ImageImage

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu May 18, 2017 6:08 am

You can use pliers to loosen or tighten your fore-end tube nut:

Other_barry
New Shotgunner

Post by Other_barry » Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm

I tried the pliers, I didn't have a set that was doing the job. The tool was worth it in my opinion, it made the task take as long as it should lol. Here is the completed first tier of modifications.Image