Bayonet mount stability

Official forum of S&J Hardware. Discussions, News and Announcements.

Moderator: S&J Forum Moderator

Rtodacheene
New Shotgunner

Bayonet mount stability

Post by Rtodacheene » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:36 am

I was considering purchasing a remmington S&J bayonet mount for a OKC3S Marine Bayonet.
Q: when the bayont is mounted does it wiggle or jiggles as it does on non mil spec bayonet lugs?

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Bayonet mount stability

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:18 am

I have a similar OKC M9 bayonet, and the S&J Hardware bayonet lug. The trick is to install the bayonet lug so that when your knife clicks into it, it's pulled back against the shoulder where the extension's 7/8" bayonet mount end widens to the normal 1" OD. If you do that, the bayonet won't rattle around on you. It's pretty easy, just slide the rear bayonet lug on, mount your bayonet to it, then pull back on the lug as you tighten its screw.

Now, if you're shooting the gun with the bayonet attached, the knife's considerable added inertia will tend to make the lug shift forward under recoil, and you'll get the rattle back. Not sure this can really be avoided, but the bayonet will of course still work despite its rattle.

Also, what magazine extension are you using? I'm assuming it's a Remington factory extension, but if you're looking at one of S&J's +2 extensions, be aware that they're not long enough to let you get an M16 bayonet firmly in place. The bayonet will mount, but it's just barely on the very tip of the extension, and it'll rattle all over the place.

badboybeeson
Moderator of the S&J Hardware Forum

Re: Bayonet mount stability

Post by badboybeeson » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:40 pm

we have made the bayont mount skinner,so there should be no issues seating a m7 or m9 bayonet fully on a +2 mag tube
bbb