18.5" barrel for 5 round mag tube?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
JoeNoble

18.5" barrel for 5 round mag tube?

Post by JoeNoble » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Anybody know where I can get an 18.5" barrel that'll fit my 5 round magazine tube? Preferably something like this. https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... e=&from=fn

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: 18.5" barrel for 5 round mag tube?

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:32 am

With a 5-round tube, I'm assuming this is for the 5+1-round Pardner Pump, correct?

The Pardner Pump is available in the "Protector" configuration, which has an 18.5" riot barrel with a simple front bead and (I believe) a fixed Cylinder choke. If you haven't already, I would contact H&R and see if you can purchase that barrel seperately, or if there is some other retailer that stocks replacement barrels. If that's a dead end, I would keep an eye sites like Ebay or Gunbroker for either a used Protector barrel, or a longer Pardner Pump barrel that you can have cut down.

If you have your heart set on a tacti-cool muzzle device like the one on that Mossberg 870 barrel, you can either have a barrel threaded for choke tubes and use one of the many extended breacher chokes out there, or have a gunsmith install an external stand-off.