870 Nordic Extension Tube

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Rocket

870 Nordic Extension Tube

Post by Rocket » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:18 am

Hello,

I just bought my first Rem 870! :D . Super excited to start modding it and I'm just looking for a little help starting out.

I have the Remington 870 Express Synthetic (28" Barrel), and I want to add the Nordic extension magazine to it.
I believe to make it flush with the end of the barrel I need the +5 Tube. I've measured like the picture shows and
get 16". The only thing that is confusing me is the extension tube for the +5 measures 11.5" which wont be flush.

What am I missing? :?:
Attachments
measurement.jpg
measurement.jpg (31.87 KiB) Viewed 2037 times

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: 870 Nordic Extension Tube

Post by Synchronizor » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:16 am

Not sure what's confusing you. It simply sounds like the +5 tube isn't long enough to reach the muzzle. 11.5" sounds about right for an extra 5 shells.

If you really want to match your barrel length, Nordic does sell a coupler that lets you chain multiple extension tubes together. In theory, you could use them to assemble an extension that's whatever length you want. A mag tube reaching all the way out to the muzzle of a 28" barrel would make the gun pretty nose-heavy, though. Unless you're setting up for competition, you may want to stick with just the +5 tube (or even shorter one).