870 Express Tactical sling recommendations

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
tomk62

870 Express Tactical sling recommendations

Post by tomk62 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:17 pm

I want to add a sling, and I have the standard stock (not looking to upgrade the stock at this time). What works for you guys?

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: 870 Express Tactical sling recommendations

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:13 am

What do you intend to use the sling for?

tomk62

Post by tomk62 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:45 pm

multi-gun competitions

wonderwolf
New Shotgunner

Post by wonderwolf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:56 am

What kind of sling points do you have

I would highly recommend the GG&G front sling mount...they run around $10 each shipped or so.

For the rear point GG&G makes one that slips between stock and receiver...but its kind of makes for a short sling gap from front to rear, its good if you think you'll sling the gun and run/move a lot but not good for transitioning quickly

Specter gear makes a shotgun shell loop system that has a rear sling point that is worth mentioning as well.....ebay has their "surplus" slings left over from large military operations of the last decade..new in package can be had for pennies on the dollar figuring what they want for MSRP on some of their designs.

I went the DIY route and ordered 50 yards each of various webbing matiarals and have played around with making my own slings for the last few years. As a rifle guy mostly I've found I like my shotguns to have very wide slings that are simple.

tomk62

Post by tomk62 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:43 pm

wonderwolf wrote:What kind of sling points do you have
... the standard sling points on the standard 870 Express Tactical ...

wonderwolf
New Shotgunner

Post by wonderwolf » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:45 am

tomk62 wrote:
wonderwolf wrote:What kind of sling points do you have
... the standard sling points on the standard 870 Express Tactical ...
Obviously get some other input but I'll stick with the side mounts I've outlined above. You wont want to use the sling point on the toe of the stock, first time you do you'll eat the barrel in your junk, at least I did. They are relatively cheap and keep the gun where it needs to be handy when the time comes. The only CON with the GG&G front is that it does stick out a little ways and yes I've bent mine a little during some rough use.

Wilson makes a side and bottom mount as well, it may be thicker I'm not sure. still for $10......I have another 870 on the way (LEO trade from SOG) I may get a Wilson to try on it.