Ordering from gun parts websites?

Do you have any questions or suggestions?
AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Ordering from gun parts websites?

Post by AF Shooter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi, new here. I have seen links to a lot of sites that sell parts for the 870. I obviously know about the popular ones, eg. Amazon, Midway, Brownells, Nordic etc. I was wondering if anyone knew the reputation of Numrich Gun Parts? I saw some things for My Remington 870 and just wondered if that is a reputable site? I'm looking at, and trying to buy a Folding Pistol Grip Stock. I saw a Butler Creek Stock that looked like what i want for my 870 on Numrich, is that a goof place to buy parts? Any help appreciated.
Defensor Fortis!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Ordering from gun parts websites?

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Never used Numrich myself, but I have shot an 870 with a Butler Creek side-folding stock, and I can tell you that they're not the nicest to shoot with. When unfolded, the "cheekpiece" has an odd, off-center cast to it that makes the gun recoil strangely.

AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AF Shooter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank's for the comment and sharing your experience with this stock. I wasn't sure about ordering this, so i appreciate the input.
Defensor Fortis!

AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AF Shooter » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:16 pm

I looked a little further into the picture you posted and description. I thought that pic looked familiar; i had seen that on MidawayUsa and it was a Choate folding stock. I was slightly interested because it held a few shells. I'm not trying to argue by any means, i just saw that particular stock and it was a Choate. The stock i was looking at looks and is different. I'm sure it's not a "nice" or shooter friendly stock regarding recoil. I was looking for a simple folder for home defense that could be a pistol grip only "or" have a shoulder stock. I think it makes for a good "answering the door to something suspicious" stock setup. I know this isn't going to be a stock i want to use for regular use, by any means. I have a couple of 870's, and i want something like this on one of them.
This is the stock i was referring to.
Defensor Fortis!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:15 am

The picture I posted is a Butler Creek stock. Maybe Choate makes a copy, or maybe Butler Creek copied Choate.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend any shotgun as an "answering the door gun" unless someone violent was already breaking it down. A handgun is a much better option there, since it can be held or carried discreetly in case it's just a neighbor who got locked out, or the cops telling you they found your stolen car.

AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AF Shooter » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Those are good points, and yes a handgun might be better in a situation like that. I had a bad experience many yrs ago where someone "was" beating on the door in the middle of the night, and it wasn't cops or a neighbor, it was two drugged out wannabe home invaders. Since then i have shifted my way of thinking about home defense. Anyway, thank for the advice and help.

PS: I wasn't doubting you that the stock you posted was a Butler Creek, sorry if it sounded that way. Yes some companies do copy others' style and looks.. I also started this post asking about Numrich Gun Parts and their reputation; it turns out they are a very good company to order from. I had no problems and got my Stock quickly.
Defensor Fortis!

UltimateGuns
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by UltimateGuns » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:11 am

Numrich is a good seller. I've purchased several hard-to-find parts from them.

BurstBarrel
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by BurstBarrel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:47 pm

I have nothing good to say about Numrich. The one time a few years ago I ordered from them all I received was used parts and some of them damaged at that, all the parts were listed as NEW.
:lol:
NRA Life Member
DIY Gunsmith, Handloader and 870 Owner

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Scorpion8 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:16 am

BurstBarrel wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:47 pm
I have nothing good to say about Numrich.
Likewise, I have nothing BAD to say about Numrich. Every part that I've ever ordered, and that has been a LOT over the years, has been exactly what was advertised and fit/worked perfectly. I have no hesitations recommending them.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

efriedrich
Active Shotgunner

Post by efriedrich » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:55 am

Synchronizor wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:44 pm
Never used Numrich myself, but I have shot an 870 with a Butler Creek side-folding stock, and I can tell you that they're not the nicest to shoot with. When unfolded, the "cheekpiece" has an odd, off-center cast to it that makes the gun recoil strangely.
X2, shotguns are awful to shoot with those types of stocks