Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
cv0lv0g0
Global Moderator

Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Post by cv0lv0g0 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Here's mine which came about when I found the stock in the scrape metal pile in my dad's old shop. :cry:

I also have a trigger group which makes it "slam-fire".
I have to get my mill up and running and I'm doing the same thing again but group that is in my 870 Which has stronger springs and a better trigger

And for the nanny sayers

I contacted ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch to get an answer to your question per our telephone discussion this morning. Please see the response below. Should you need any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact this office or your local WV office at 304-340-7820.

Sincerely,

Patricia Slaughter
Area Supervisor
Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Louisville Field Division/Louisville II (IO) Field Office
502-753-3500

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:29 PM
To: Slaughter, Patricia A.
Subject: RE: Slam Fire/Pump Action Question

Hi Patty,

It is OK from a GCA/NFA standpoint, but he may want to consider liability/product safety before doing that.

Adam Galbraith
Firearms Technology Branch

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above in connection with official business. This communication may contain Sensitive But Unclassified information that may be statutorily or otherwise prohibited from being released without appropriate approval. Any review, use, or dissemination of this e-mail message and any attached file(s) in any form outside of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives or the Department of Justice without express authorization is strictly prohibited.

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:13 PM
To: Firearms Technology Branch
Subject: Slam Fire/Pump Action Question

I received a call from a gunsmith apprentice asking if it is legal to modify a shotgun to operate as a “slam fire” in the same manner as the now discontinued Ithaca, Model 37, pump action, a firearm that was discontinued due to liability/safety issues. He stated he is aware there is a Chinese copy “straight from the factory” currently being imported, a 1987 Winchester. Can he legally make these modifications. Please advise. Thank you,
Patty

Patricia Slaughter
Area Supervisor
Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Louisville Field Division/Louisville II (IO) Field Office
502-753-3500

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above in connection with official business. This communication may contain Sensitive But Unclassified information that may be statutorily or otherwise prohibited from being released without appropriate approval. Any review, use, or dissemination of this e-mail message and any attached file(s) in any form outside of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives or the Department of Justice without express authorization is strictly prohibited.

******* NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached files are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above in connection with official business. This communication may contain Sensitive But Unclassified information that may be statutorily or otherwise prohibited from being released without appropriate approval. Any review, use, or dissemination of this e-mail message and any attached file(s) in any form outside of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives or the Department of Justice without express authorization is strictly prohibited.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: Lets have some pictures of your builds.

Post by Vitaly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:52 am

cv0lv0g0, nice shotgun and very interesting information about "slam-fire" shotgun!
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

MDW

Post by MDW » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 am

Nice shotgun. Here's mine. It started as a Special Purpose Turkey Shotgun w/Extra Full Turkey Choke, 3" magnum. I modified it for home defense. I added a Remington 18" barrel, police fore end, Scattergun Technology two round magazine extension w/QD stud, spring and follower. TacStar sidesaddle 6 round shell holder. Butler Creek Mountain Sling, with swivels.
Rem870 (640x258).jpg
Rem870 (640x258).jpg (113.2 KiB) Viewed 85677 times

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 am

MDW wrote:Nice shotgun. Here's mine. It started as a Special Purpose Turkey Shotgun w/Extra Full Turkey Choke, 3" magnum. I modified it for home defense. I added a Remington 18" barrel, police fore end, Scattergun Technology two round magazine extension w/QD stud, spring and follower. TacStar sidesaddle 6 round shell holder. Butler Creek Mountain Sling, with swivels.
Rem870 (640x258).jpg
MDW, really like your shotgun, simple and effective.

badboybeeson
Moderator of the S&J Hardware Forum

Post by badboybeeson » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:39 pm

here is one a built last week

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 am

badboybeeson wrote:here is one a built last week
Simon, that shortie looks fantastic! :)

MDW

Post by MDW » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Very nice shorty. Is that a 12" LOP stock? I've been thinking about adding one to my shotgun.

vmax
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by vmax » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 am

Looks good Simon. Is the hole spacing on the rail factory Remington?
Don't buy it if you can't sell it.

badboybeeson

Post by badboybeeson » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:26 pm

vmax wrote:Looks good Simon. Is the hole spacing on the rail factory Remington?
yes its a wingmaster that i refinished and drilled and taped for an xs ghost site/ rail.
It is factory 870 drill and tap patten.

badboybeeson

Post by badboybeeson » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm

here is another one i did last summer