Help me please! Stock problem...

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
68strat
Shotgunner

Help me please! Stock problem...

Post by 68strat » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Hey guys,

Im putting together my 870 with police walnut furniture and i notice the stock bolt is too short.

first of all the stock i got in the mail has a hole going all the way through it. I got the standard stock bolt washer and stock bearing plate. when i put the stock bolt washer with the bolt in the back of the stock to screw it in it won't reach. the bolt is an inch or two short.

now...i also noticed in the end of the stock i got it is stamped 1187. grrrrr....

is there a way for me to make this work? can i get a smaller diameter washer from the hardware store to fit? if so what size would i need? or is there a way to order a longer bolt that would fit?

either way the stock is kinda pricy and i don't feel like sending it back if i can get around it. the stock itself fits perfect on the gun if i could just tighten it down.

Thanks!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Help me please! Stock problem...

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:15 am

What exactly happened? Did you order an 11-87 stock by mistake, or did someone screw up your order?

As I understand, 1100 and 11-87 stocks can be installed on an 870 since they all fit into the rear of the receiver the same way, but because the semi-autos have action spring tubes that extend back into their stocks, you may have to get creative with the fasteners to get them to work on an 870. I'm not sure how much I can help without specific information and measurements, but for what it's worth, 870 stock bolts use standard 1/4"-28 thread. Maybe if you take your receiver and stock into a fastener shop, they'll be able to help you piece something together.