My mossberg 500

Talk about other firearms: rifles, pistols etc.
alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

My mossberg 500

Post by alpha15 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:31 pm

John Masen Polymer heat shield
Choate short forend
Quake industries "The Claw" sling
Magpul miad with hogue hand all
Mesa tactical leo adapter
Magpul ctr stock with limb saver
Tacstar 6 shot side saddle
Cerakote od green.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Re: My mossberg 500

Post by alpha15 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 pm

The transformation has begun

So I did an experiment here recently. I wanted to see if the heavy wall 18.5" barrel and the magazine tube with S&J +2 extension from off my 590a1 would fit my Mossberg 500. They mated up perfectly. So I have sold my 500 ghost ring barrel and 5 shot tube and spring on eBay. I've since purchased a Mossberg 835 five shot magazine tube part number 12113p and the Mossberg 835 spring # 12194. I also ordered an s&j hardware mag extension. The mag tube came in as did the spring. I test fitted them when the +2 extension arrived from Canada. I initially tried the s&j follower and spring an was only able to get 6 in the magazine tube. I thought I'd try the 5 round Mossberg 500 spring. Then it hit me and I compared the 835 spring to the 500 spring and it was longer than the 500 but not as long as the s&j spring. So I assembled it all and was able to load 7 rounds of estate and sellier and bellot in the tube no issues. I tested several various brand rounds they all seemed to cycle fine and the s&j delrin follower and the 835 spring load smooth as butter!

I've also purchased the longer slide action assembly and nut and will be putting a magpul moe forend on it.
For those curious I did use my law enforcement discount to get these parts at a discounted rate. Long action tube assembly part # is 11603bl and the tube nut is 3408.

I'm just waiting for my 18.5" accuchoke heavy wall barrel to get here and then I'll install it.

I wanted this setup like my 590a1.

I'm gonna be keeping the Mesa tactical stuff and putting it on a maverick 88 project in the future.

I plan on having the Accu choke barrel magnaported like my 590a1 and the forcing cone lengthened, polished, and the barrel back bored by Aimpro tactical like I did on my 590a1. I'll be running an improved cylinder choke on it like my 590a1.

I do plan on purchasing the aluminum trigger group for this one.

Who else has an 8 shot Mossberg 500 with 18.5" barrel? Please chime in if you do.

I'll be running a magpul sga stock on this one like on the 590a1.