KSG

Talk about everything not related to Remington 870
JBall
Super Shotgunner

KSG

Post by JBall » Fri May 03, 2013 4:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone can give me A definitive answer on wether or not it is legal to own the Kel-Tec Shotgun in upstate New York. At first thought I figured of course not but upon further thought I realized it is 2 SEPERATE INTERNAL magazine Tubes that require you do chang:: between the two with a MANUAL switch. As far as I know there is NO function for Auto Tube Switch. With that being said the pistol grip alone shouldn't make it illegal I don't believe. If anyone has a definitive answer I'd greatly appreciate it. I would LOVE to get on the list to own one of those puppies!!

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Re: KSG

Post by Chief Brody » Sat May 04, 2013 1:36 pm

There's been a lot of discussion about that - the thinking is, so far, it's completely legal. Like you said, two separate mags, a manual switch to alternate, and it's a pump-action. Good to go!

Of course, in NYS, that could change at any time. So if you want a KSG and you're able to get one - DO IT! :P
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

KSG

Post by JBall » Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: KSG

Post by Synchronizor » Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 pm

As a pump-action firearm, I'm pretty sure it's not an "assault weapon". As for magazine capacity, I'm not sure how that would be handled. Also, some of these gun bans will have arbitrary lists of additional specific firearm models to be included in the ban, regardless of operation or technical features. I know Feinstein in particular likes to add massive lists of exempted and included models to pad her proposed gun bans, based on what she can find in gun magazines that look scary. The KSG would have been banned under the most recent proposal.

I would suggest finding the full text of the legislation, and checking for yourself. If nothing else, it'll give you something to refer to if there's some dispute.

Speaking of the NY SAFE Act, I heard that the NY Courts had established an April 29th deadline for the state to establish the constitutionality of the law, threatening an injunction otherwise. Has there been any update on that this month?

JBall
Super Shotgunner

KSG

Post by JBall » Mon May 06, 2013 5:05 am

Not as of yet, I hear we will know something as of Friday. But I can tell you as of late Emperor Cuomo seems to be laying suspiciously low. Hopefully this is a good sign.