Poor Remington service

Talk about everything not related to Remington 870
jkingrph
New Shotgunner

Poor Remington service

Post by jkingrph » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:04 am

Back in the summer I ordered 20 boxes of 50 .223 Remington ammo from Cabelas that was supposed to have a mfr rebate. I got a notice from Cabelas that it was back ordered and could not be delivered prior to the end of rebate, but that Remington agreed to honor the rebate for orders prior to the required postmark date for the rebate.

I had heard nothing, so inquired and got an email from Rem. stating that they would not honor because I had missed the cutoff postmark date. I then sent a copy of Cabelas email stating that Rem had agreed to honor for the backordered items and got another email from Rem again denying the rebate.

I will not be purchasing anything from Remington in the future.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Poor Remington service

Post by Synchronizor » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:06 am

Remington's website is pretty straightforward about the purchase & postmark dates for qualifying for rebates. It's stated in multiple places that the products "must" be purchased in a specific date range, and that the form "must" be postmarked before a specific date. The fine print on their rebate forms even includes the statements "Offer limited to product in stock during time of promotion", and "NO RAIN CHECKS".

Sounds like the real issue was on Cabelas' end, not Remington's.

jkingrph
New Shotgunner

Re: Poor Remington service

Post by jkingrph » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 pm

I realize what you are saying, however a couple of weeks before cut off date I got email from cabelas stating it was backordered and that remingtion had agreed to honor the rebate since it was backordered and the order was placed before the end of the rebate.

Yesterday I received a phone call from Kathy at cabelas saying that they had in fact sent a list of customers who would be affected, and that I was on that list and Remington was supposed to honor the rebate. She stated that she would contact the Remington rep and clarify the problem.