flex tab trigger interchangeablility

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
dangerdoug

flex tab trigger interchangeablility

Post by dangerdoug » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:07 pm

HI all, this is my first post, and I am a new member - albeit not a new shooter. I had an 870 20 gauge express blow-up when it detonated a shell out of battery while test cycling a shell. I have about 10 different 20 gauge shotguns I use at my public range ( a guest ranch ) and fortunately the event happened when I was examining / evaluating a malfunctioning firearm rather than when a guest was shooting. Long story short: I am replacing plastic trigger groups as part of a remediation plan and looking for other ways to upgrade reliability of HEAVILY used firearms. I have some metal trigger groups that I was just going to slide into those firearms still carrying the plastic trigger groups. However, I am wondering about the issue of matching trigger groups if one has flextab hardware and another does not.

Am I to be concerned about a miss-match placing non-flex tab triggers with flextab blocks etc and vice- versa? I suspect that it would be an issue.

As an aside - Remington is sending a replacement for the complete firearm - subject to my acceptance of their non-suit terms....but they had no comment on the failure of every internal safety device in the firearm that allowed / caused an out of battery discharge.

Looking forward to the forum as an asset to our 870 experiences here.

Chilly
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: flex tab trigger interchangeablility

Post by Chilly » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:42 am

Not sure about the bits and pieces but the housing itself can be moved over and innards stay put. But I do think the entire assembly can be moved over.