870 super mag magpul forend

Remington 870 Repair and Gunsmithing.
jbaby5878

870 super mag magpul forend

Post by jbaby5878 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm wanting to replace my stock set with magpul furniture but the problem is they say the forend is not compatible with the super mag....I've read online where ppl have said that it fit no problem and I've read that others have had trouble...Is there any modifications I could do to get it to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: 870 super mag magpul forend

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:55 am

I've never installed a fore-end on a SuperMag, but from what I understand, the normal 12ga fore-ends mostly go on and work just fine. I think the SuperMags have a slightly longer stroke, which means that some fore-ends will hit the receiver before the bolt is 100% back. If that's the case though, it'll be easy to identify the interference, and file the plastic down a little until it clears.

That said, I've seen folks put Magpul fore-ends on SuperMags before, and I don't recall any of them mentioning any modifications.

jbaby5878

Re: 870 super mag magpul forend

Post by jbaby5878 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 am

Synchronizor wrote:I've never installed a fore-end on a SuperMag, but from what I understand, the normal 12ga fore-ends mostly go on and work just fine. I think the SuperMags have a slightly longer stroke, which means that some fore-ends will hit the receiver before the bolt is 100% back. If that's the case though, it'll be easy to identify the interference, and file the plastic down a little until it clears.

That said, I've seen folks put Magpul fore-ends on SuperMags before, and I don't recall any of them mentioning any modifications.
Thanks for the info....I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk