New guy here from Michigan

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself.
Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Fri May 10, 2013 2:56 am

Hi to all members of this interesting and helpful Forum! I've been browsing topics and this seems like a great place to discuss my favorite gun, and get and give advice on using, shooting and customizing the Rem 870. I've already gotten some good advice on an issue here. So i just want to say hi to everybody here, and support the NRA, and we should all do what we can to defend the 2nd Amendment! I decided to turn my 870 Super Mag into a HD/Tactical weapon, i listed the prices of the upgrades i chose. I'm including a pic of my Rem 870 Super Mag.
Addons that are pictured in this pic of my 870 (have made some changes since)

Mesa Urbino Tactical Urbino Stock----$145.00
Mesa 6 rd sidesaddle/5" Rail combo----$113.00
Truglo Triton 30mm Red/Green/Blue Circle Dot Sight----$90.00
Mako (FAB) 3 Rail Forend----$50.00
Mako (FAB) Eronomical quick release Verticle Foregrip----$34.00
O Light offset 1" light mount----$12.00
Streamlight Polytac 88850 130 Lumens TacLite----$38.00
Choate +2 mag extension----$45.00
Magpul Bbl Clamp/Sling Point----$35.00
GG+G Follower---$30.00
Remington 18.5 Police/SPS Barrel---$140.00

Grand total----$732.00
Last edited by Automag on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Post by JBall » Sat May 11, 2013 8:11 pm

How do you like the Urbino Stock...how is the adjustable cheek riser? Can you position it high enough to get a good weld on the stock while still using your red dot? I have the Mesa tactical 6 shot saddle w/20" rail. I'm hoping since they're from the same company they will compliment each other nicely. (Have the Urbino ordered, should be here Wednesday...

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Re: New guy here from Michigan

Post by Automag » Sun May 12, 2013 6:12 am

The Mesa Urbino Stock is awesome! It feels very comfortable in your hands and on your shoulder. Yes you can adjust the cheek riser to get a good cheek weld. When you install it, you'll see the dif height positions possible. I have mine set at the second level (i think) and it gives me a perfect cheek weld and sight picture on my red dot sight. I have the Mesa sidesaddle 6rd/pic rail combo, and i think Mesa makes some of the best products for the 870. I love my setup, and i was very happy after installing the Urbino stock. You'll love the Limbsaver buttpad, it's the most comfortable stock i've ever shot with. I think you'll like yours as well.
P.S. Midway USA has several addons for the Urbino. They sell a Rear Rec single point sling mount, 4rd and 6rd mesa shellholders that mount on the cheekriser, etc. I'm going to get the 4 round Mesa sidesaddle for my Urbino, just to let you know about Midway USA if you didnt already. Good luck, have fun!

JBall
Super Shotgunner

Post by JBall » Mon May 13, 2013 4:08 am

I fully agree, I think Mesa is making some of the best 870/shotgun aftermarket parts in the industry right now. I also have the 6 shot 20" pic rail and LOVE it. Also was interested in putting the 4 shot holder on the right side but wanted to get a feel for weight before I ordered because that will make it the 20" rail w/6 shells, then 4 more in the urbino stock sureshell carrier, on top of the 6+1 already in the weapon. Seems like it might get a tad bulky at some point LoL. Might do the bandoleer first. Now thinking about it, that would be the perfect setup, 4 with casings up on the stock for port slug changeover and 6 upside down in the saddle for combat reloads! I just sold myself on the configuration LoL. Fuck it, will just have to spend a few minutes more on arms and back at the gym LoL. Not to mention most likely a tad less recoil to stay thinking positive :).

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon May 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Automag, welcome to the forum! Nice shotgun!
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Tue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm

There ya go jBail, think positive--lol. I'm definitely adding the 4 rd Mesa shellholder on the right side of my Urbino. I don't think it will add that much weight, in fact, the Urbino is kinda light and that lil extra weight in the rear would balance the whole thing out-now i'm thinking positive too--lol. 6-OOBuck in the sidesaddle, and 4-hollow pont sabot slugs on the stock, sounds like a plan to me.

Thank you Vitaly for the nice welcome. This is a cool forum and i hope to learn a few things as well as share some of my knowledge. I've had several Mossys, but i'd never part with my 870. It's the best overall shotgun ever made and still stands the test of time!
Last edited by Automag on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 am

I have made a few changes/upgrades to my 870 since i posted the pic of my gun. I replaced the Chaote +2 with the Remington +2 mag ext. It looks totally badass, it now sits even with the end of my barrel. I also put my Mako Recoil-Reducing Folding Collapsible Stock Back on (for now). It's not as comfortable as the Mesa Urbino, but tactically speaking, it has its advantages. I want to post a pic of my upgrades and changes, but for some reason, i'm limited to only 1 pic of my shotgun here, i'd love to share the new look of my Tactical 870 Super Mag here. I don't know why i'm unable to upload pics. I'm using the proper format and sizes, i did manage to copy the link to my FB page, and heres the photo (click to see). Thanks Synchronyzor! OK, i figured it out--lol, heres the pics.
Last edited by Automag on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Fri May 17, 2013 3:19 am

I'm not sure why you're having issues with attaching images. Check and make sure the files are in an acceptable format (.PNG, .JPG, etc.) and that they're not over the upload size limit. You can also insert images you've uploaded to other websites (like Facebook or Photobucket) by placing the image URL inside the proper BBCode tags:

Code: Select all

[img]http://...[/img]
[/color]