Hello from Central Kalifornia

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself.
Farside722

Hello from Central Kalifornia

Post by Farside722 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:00 am

Just took my new 870 20 GA Express out for the first time, and put 100 rounds thru it shooting trap. No problems at all.
I have done a lot of reading about this gun before buying it. I know the company ups & downs, but still wanted to try this gun that's been around just a little longer than me :)
Seems to have either a love or hate relationship with people out there.
I did replace the extractor, and the follower, buts that's pretty much all I'm going to do for now - except just enjoy it.
I got the 20 GA because I personally don't mind the size, and I have three older kids & 10 grandkids to possible take to the range.
Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Hello from Central Kalifornia

Post by Scorpion8 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 pm

We love rambling stories, the 870-series shotguns, and new members. Welcome. My first year of trap was with an 870 Express 12-Ga also, and the extractor and follower were all that I replaced too. I did find it a bit slow on doubles, but the iron men of the trap ranges in the 50's and 60's used pump guns all the time. I liked mine so much that I added an 870 Express 20-Ga also. Right now both wear slug barrels for spring knockin'-about in the woods of Alaska, with some hungry just-woke-up black bears about.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

Farside722

Re: Hello from Central Kalifornia

Post by Farside722 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:52 pm

Scorpion8 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 pm
We love rambling stories, the 870-series shotguns, and new members. Welcome. My first year of trap was with an 870 Express 12-Ga also, and the extractor and follower were all that I replaced too. I did find it a bit slow on doubles, but the iron men of the trap ranges in the 50's and 60's used pump guns all the time. I liked mine so much that I added an 870 Express 20-Ga also. Right now both wear slug barrels for spring knockin'-about in the woods of Alaska, with some hungry just-woke-up black bears about.
Thank you, and thank you for your service.