Optics & rail

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Tom D

Optics & rail

Post by Tom D » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:09 pm

I am a relative rookie but I am in process of "converting" my Wingmaster to a home defense weapon. I have purchased an 18" barrel, a Magpul stock & forend, and a magazine extension. Those were relatively easy choices. Now I'm looking for something better than the bead sight.

I do have a CT green laser for a carry gun, but I don't think that's a good choice for home defense. Specifically, I am looking at the Bushnell Advance Micro Reflex Sight 1x5 MOA Dot (https://www.bushnell.com/products/red-d ... lex-sight/).

My eyes are as NOT good as they were so I think I do need help optically. Do you think this is a good choice? Amazon has it for $160....do you know anywhere with a better price? I don't know ANYTHING about rails so any advice would be helpful; is one better than another? Recommendation?

Maybe I should add that I don't want to make any changes to the gun that can't be undone...it may be that I'd use it for spring gobbler as well.

Thank you for your help.

Tom D