I Just Purchased A Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
billt
New Shotgunner

I Just Purchased A Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum

Post by billt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

I'll be picking it up today. I'm really excited about this shotgun. I purchased it from Davidson's through my local dealer. They only got 7 of these in, and they were all gone in just a couple of hours. Mine is the real deal, Order Number 25047. (The Special Purpose Marine Magnum is Order Number 25012). Can someone tell me with certainty if this gun will come with an Aluminum trigger group? Or will it be Polymer? I've read conflicting information on this. And you cannot ascertain with any certainty from Internet photographs. I'll try to get some pics up after I pick it up.

billt
New Shotgunner

Re: I Just Purchased A Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum

Post by billt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 pm

http://www.armslist.com/posts/6934283/t ... m--25047--

This is the same shotgun, (25047), and is advertised as having an Aluminum trigger group. I hope they all do.

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 pm

I have the police marine and the trigger housing is aluminum. I also acquired mine through Davidson’s ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

billt
New Shotgunner

Post by billt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks for the comeback Texas, you've put my mind at ease. If I'm not mistaken, the newer plastic trigger groups have "Remington" molded into the bottom of them.

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:37 pm

You are correct billt the Remington stamped on the bottom trigger housing will be a polymer housings. Don’t be fooled though they are very durable and won’t corrode or scratch easily.

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 pm

ImageImage

I changed out my sights to XS big dot tritium sights.

billt
New Shotgunner

Post by billt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Was changing out the sights an easy task? Or did you run into any issues? I like your new sights! Also, do you know why the shell carriers now have that U shaped cutout in them?

TexasArmor84
Senior Shotgunner

Post by TexasArmor84 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 pm

billt wrote:Was changing out the sights an easy task? Or did you run into any issues? I like your new sights! Also, do you know why the shell carriers now have that U shaped cutout in them?
The sights were easy to replace just use a small brass punch and hammer. Remove and install the new ones the same direction they came out. The new shell carriers come with the U shape cut so upon installing you can still see you serial number. So you don’t have to keep taking it off just to view the serial number.

billt
New Shotgunner

Post by billt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 pm

I just got back from the dealer with my new 870 Police Marine Magnum. I have to say first impressions are very favorable. This is a beautiful shotgun. First off, the trigger group IS ALUMINUM, and not Polymer. That may be good news for some, but not for others. It depends on your opinion of both. Others may not care either way. But for the record it appears that the Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum ships with an Aluminum trigger group. I can't speak for the other 870 Police Models. Also worth noting is that the newer Remington Polymer trigger groups appear to have "Remington" molded into them on the bottom of the trigger guard. That should help in identifying them from photographs.

The gun comes packaged with a Butler Creek Ultra Sling with sewn in swivels. (I mistakenly said it was a Uncle Mike's sling in my first post). The action is nice and tight. This gun needs a good lubing, and a case of high brass shells run through it. Somehow I think I'll be able to manage that. I really like the stock rifle sights. They are easy and quick to pick up when shouldering the weapon.

The Electroless Nickel finish is very attractive and slick. It has the appearance of a bead blasted finish, and is very uniform both inside and out. All in all I'm very satisfied. If this thing shoots as good as it looks, I'll be very happy. I'll try to get some pictures up later today or tomorrow.

efriedrich
Active Shotgunner

Post by efriedrich » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 am

That is an awesome looking shotgun. Those black synthetic buttstocks are great but they never seem to fit me worth a darn.