wood stock and forend for 870 Tactical

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
olehen

wood stock and forend for 870 Tactical

Post by olehen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi, I just picked up a 870 Tactical 12 Ga and looking for mounting a Police wood stock and forend on it. On the Remington website the stock is available, but not the forend (it says short version). Anyone knows where to buy online the forend (Police style one wood)? Also is there any short or long length versions and which one will fit?
Thanks

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: wood stock and forend for 870 Tactical

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 am

Plenty of 3rd-party websites sell 870 parts & furniture. Just Google it and see what comes up. Plenty of those short hardwood Police fore-ends on the used market, too.

The ribbed walnut fore-ends have been made in several different styles, and in both long and short lengths. Any standard 12ga fore-end should fit your gun. There are a few special nonstandard fore-ends meant for the shorter fore-end tubes on Special Field and MCS models, but these aren't very common.

olehen

Re: wood stock and forend for 870 Tactical

Post by olehen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 am

thank you Synchronizor, I appreciate. I will keep searching. Brownells has the short version available but at 95 usd!!