Gun Show Find!(pic added)

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
texasjarhead
New Shotgunner

Gun Show Find!(pic added)

Post by texasjarhead » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:59 am

Went to the gun show today to sell some old CMP ammo left over from when I shot Garand matches. While there, I saw a Wingmaster for $200. The wood wasn't in very good shape, the barrel cut down to 18", and it had lost some bluing, but it cycled beautifully. I asked the Seller if he'd take $150, and he agreed! I had a synthetic stock and forend left over from my "house gun" (870 Express), and swapped them out on the new gun. Took it out, and test-fired it- no problems! Now I've got a good, reliable shotgun for the truck. Like the old saying goes, " Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. "

tkclow
New Shotgunner

Re: Gun Show Find!(pic added)

Post by tkclow » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Very nice find!!! I never have that kind of luck

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Nice utilitarian build. I like it.

I don't know what recoil pad you have on that stock, but if it's one of the basic solid rubber numbers, I would recommend spending $20 - $25 on a SuperCell recoil pad. It's pre-fit and drops right on, and really takes the bite out of recoil.

texasjarhead
New Shotgunner

Post by texasjarhead » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look it up.

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Nice find for these days!! I picked up two of my 870 WM's at garage sales in the 90's. I paid $75 and $90 respectively. Both were 28' modified barrels which became 18 and 20" cylinder bores. I silver soldered rifle sights on one barrel and put a SS bead on the other. Did the bolt mod upgrade to both and one became my duty carry SG and the other a house gun. Much smoother than the 870 Express HD that I have with me in CO.
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.