carrying ammo (SOE micro and velcro side saddle)

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
upstate1985
New Shotgunner

carrying ammo (SOE micro and velcro side saddle)

Post by upstate1985 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 pm

I have had the Micro rig for a little over a year now and love it. I have loaded it and shot it up many many times. Its great for shooting skeet, people do not come talk to you when you wear this and nothing rattles around. I also have the med pouch filled to the brim with all sorts of goodies.

I killed two side saddles then...
I put some velcro on the side of the gun. I left the plate that came with one of the side saddles as this left me some good real estate. I have two of the SOE six round cards and they work great. One rides in a HSGI taco on my belt and the other on the gun. Oh by the way the taco has velcro on the inside so if you get the card in there have fun pulling it out. I solved this my heating a little slim metal paint scraper with a torch and sliding it across the interior velco rendering it gonzo hence no more issue.

upstate1985
New Shotgunner

Re: carrying ammo (SOE micro and velcro side saddle)

Post by upstate1985 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:57 pm

rattlesnakedaddy
New Shotgunner

Post by rattlesnakedaddy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 am

Good to hear you like it. I've been interested in getting one for a while, but SOE doesn't seem to be interested in producing them anytime soon.

RSD

upstate1985
New Shotgunner

Post by upstate1985 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:05 am

i just placed the order and waited

rattlesnakedaddy
New Shotgunner

Post by rattlesnakedaddy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:00 pm

What was the overall wait time from when you ordered? They haven't updated their page since Black Friday, so I've been a bit hesitant.

Thanks,
RSD

upstate1985
New Shotgunner

Post by upstate1985 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:38 pm

If i remember after I placed the order it was about a month to when it showed up at my house. its well worth the wait.

bbull311
Shotgunner

Post by bbull311 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 am

There are other cards out there such as the Estacc. It also velcros on but you put the velcro right on the side of the receiver. They work pretty good but like any other stretchable fabric, they wear out. I had one on my duty shotgun (in my trunk exposed to high and low temp) and it lasted about 9 or 10 months. The one on my home shotgun is still going strong almost 2 years later. If you want something more permanent, you can also velcro Tacstar side saddles to your shotgun.
"I have learned that there are troubles of more than one kind, some come from ahead and some come from behind, but I've brought a big bat, I am all ready you see, now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"
-Dr. Seuss