Help me find my last piece!!!

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Help me find my last piece!!!

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:29 am

68strat wrote:I looked on the remington site and i can't figure out which for end tube assembly I want. Obviously i need 12 ga...but my gun is all blued...is there one that will match more?
Apart from Super Magnum models and the nickle-plated Marine Magnum, all 12ga 870 share the same fore-end tube assembly and nut, which have a smooth blued finish. It may not be quite as highly-polished as your receiver and barrel, but it'll look fine, and it's your only option apart from the nickel-plated versions. Besides, the finish will eventually just rub off on areas of the action bars as the gun breaks in anyway.
68strat wrote:Also I noticed there is a "new style" for end tube assembly, and an "old style"

I have a blued 870 police magnum receiver and an 18.5 blued bead sight barrel to match. I did get a chromed breach bolt with the new flex tab thing.
The "new-style" simply means that these fore-end tube assemblies have cut-outs to match the new-style flex-tab slide assemblies, and an old style slide assembly won't fit without modifications. The reverse, however, is fine; you can use a new-style slide assembly with an old-style fore-end tube assembly without an issue. Like I've said before, if you're buying all new parts, everything'll fit properly.

68strat
Shotgunner

Re: Help me find my last piece!!!

Post by 68strat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 am

Synchronizor wrote:
68strat wrote:I looked on the remington site and i can't figure out which for end tube assembly I want. Obviously i need 12 ga...but my gun is all blued...is there one that will match more?
Apart from Super Magnum models and the nickle-plated Marine Magnum, all 12ga 870 share the same fore-end tube assembly and nut, which have a smooth blued finish. It may not be quite as highly-polished as your receiver and barrel, but it'll look fine, and it's your only option apart from the nickel-plated versions. Besides, the finish will eventually just rub off on areas of the action bars as the gun breaks in anyway.
68strat wrote:Also I noticed there is a "new style" for end tube assembly, and an "old style"

I have a blued 870 police magnum receiver and an 18.5 blued bead sight barrel to match. I did get a chromed breach bolt with the new flex tab thing.
The "new-style" simply means that these fore-end tube assemblies have cut-outs to match the new-style flex-tab slide assemblies, and an old style slide assembly won't fit without modifications. The reverse, however, is fine; you can use a new-style slide assembly with an old-style fore-end tube assembly without an issue. Like I've said before, if you're buying all new parts, everything'll fit properly.
Thank you!

I will just get the new one if there are no issues with it.