Help me find my last piece!!!

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
68strat
Shotgunner

Help me find my last piece!!!

Post by 68strat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 am

Hey everyone,

I am close to completing my old school 870 riot gun build but need advice on one last thing!

Stock and forend!

I know I want wood...and I know I want the police style (not the big wingmaster forend etc)

It would be great to get something not so run of the mill. I like dark tones...reds/browns but i am open.

What do you think would look good? This gun is blued not parkerized...with a chrome bolt.

Please link me your ideas and where to buy...i am new at this and my internet searching as come up lemons so far.

Thanks!

Edit-Ok I found one i like...but i have no idea where to buy. Check this out and tell me what you think?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/568 ... e5de_z.jpg

sven
Shotgunner

Re: Help me find my last piece!!!

Post by sven » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:17 pm

68strat
Shotgunner

Post by 68strat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:11 pm

sven wrote:Stock and Forend

Thanks, do you knot there is a place that sells different color finishes on that set?

I also need the guide rods and cap for the forend

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:22 pm

http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

68strat
Shotgunner

Post by 68strat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Vitaly wrote:Stock:

Forend:

thanks, i like the one sven posted a bit more...the police look. I just want to get it in a different finish.

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm not sure you'll find different finishes offered on the Police stock set. I've seen slight variations of the original coloring, but really that might just be the luck of the draw. Why not get a set (even an old, used set), sand it and refinish it to the shade you like? That could be a nice little project.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

68strat
Shotgunner

Post by 68strat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Chief Brody wrote:I'm not sure you'll find different finishes offered on the Police stock set. I've seen slight variations of the original coloring, but really that might just be the luck of the draw. Why not get a set (even an old, used set), sand it and refinish it to the shade you like? That could be a nice little project.

yes, that could be an option.

I am heading to the gun show here in Monroe WA today....maybe someone will have some old parts that catch my eye.

we'll see.

this election was REALLY bad for us here in WA. I need to buy all the firearms i want before the new laws hit and it becomes even more difficult.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:54 am

Like Chief Brody said, Remington doesn't really bother offering high-grade finishes or different stain colors for their working 870Ps. If you want a specific color, you'll probably need to do some refinishing yourself.

The other hardware you'll need is the fore-end tube assembly and the fore-end tube nut. You can order both directly from Remington.
IMG_2483_01C.jpg
IMG_2483_01C.jpg (159.95 KiB) Viewed 6314 times
68strat wrote:I am heading to the gun show here in Monroe WA today....maybe someone will have some old parts that catch my eye.

we'll see.

this election was REALLY bad for us here in WA. I need to buy all the firearms i want before the new laws hit and it becomes even more difficult.
I live in Washington too, and while 594 sucks, it's not really a big deal unless you do a lot of in-state private-party buying & selling. The new law won't affect anything that was already being done through an FFL, and it won't stop you from obtaining anything you could legally buy previously.

68strat
Shotgunner

Post by 68strat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:57 am

Synchronizor wrote:Like Chief Brody said, Remington doesn't really bother offering high-grade finishes or different stain colors for their working 870Ps. If you want a specific color, you'll probably need to do some refinishing yourself.

The other hardware you'll need is the fore-end tube assembly and the fore-end tube nut. You can order both directly from Remington.
IMG_2483_01C.jpg
68strat wrote:I am heading to the gun show here in Monroe WA today....maybe someone will have some old parts that catch my eye.

we'll see.

I live in Washington too, and while 594 sucks, it's not really a big deal unless you do a lot of in-state private-party buying & selling. The new law won't affect anything that was already being done through an FFL, and it won't stop you from obtaining anything you could legally buy previously.
I know...I guess I look at these laws as "slippery slopes"...that lead to more laws and regulations...and before you know it we got feds at our door asking for our guns.

I have not seen any laws targeting pharmaceutical companies. Seems like all these recent school shooters have been high on something.

Thanks for the info!

68strat
Shotgunner

Post by 68strat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:02 am

I looked on the remington site and i can't figure out which for end tube assembly I want. Obviously i need 12 ga...but my gun is all blued...is there one that will match more?

thanks!

Also I noticed there is a "new style" for end tube assembly, and an "old style"

I have a blued 870 police magnum receiver and an 18.5 blued bead sight barrel to match. I did get a chromed breach bolt with the new flex tab thing.

Thanks for the help!