Light/Laser on my REM 870... Is this any good???

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 am

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post so, HELLO!!!! I'll post some pictures of my 870 in this thread. I recently just started upgrading my 870 express that I have had for almost 3 years now. In the last month I have purchased and installed a ATI Stock, Magpul Forend and ATI Mag Extension. :D I plan on also buying the Mesa Tactical 6 shot side saddle, and 18.5 IN breacher choke factory Remington Barrel.

Anyway, on to my question... I am looking for a flashlight/laser rail that I can attach to my mag extension....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400731476751?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111411979764?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400702965924?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Do any of you have any experience with these and are they good/quality or should I stay away?? Do you have any other recommendations?? Should I just get a flashlight?? Any input is appreciated!! Thanks

PETE

SignessSG
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Light/Laser on my REM 870... Is this any good???

Post by SignessSG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm not familiar with any of those E-Bay links. You'll find some really good info on this link:

http://www.rem870.com/2012/10/17/10-mus ... shotgun-2/

From what I've heard, CDM Gear makes a really good barrel clamp. I have a Nordic Components barrel clamp on mine that I'm really happy with. I have Nordic Components QD sling plate mounted on one side, and a Picatinny rail on the other side for my Streamlight TLR-1 HL. You can't go wrong with Streamlight or Surefire lights. Here's a shot of how my 870 Police is setup. It has a Nordic Components +3 mag extension for a total of 7 in the mag tube (it's a 20" Police barrel), Nordic Barrel Clamp (the Nordic QD sling plate is not shown in this shot), Nordic low drag follower, Streamlight TLR-1 HL, Magpul SGA stock, Mesa Tactical side saddle. I'm considering replacing the butt/recoil pad with a Remington Supercell; although, the stock Magpul pad doesn't shoot too bad. Just had it out shooting yesterday.

Remington 870 Police Magnum 12 Gauge
Sig Sauer P220 Carry SAS SAO .45 ACP
Sig Sauer P938 9mm
Belgian Browning HiPower 9mm
Ruger GP100 Stainless .357 Magnum 4"
Smith & Wesson Model 36 .38 Special

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:00 am

I take it this is not the shotgun forum that most use... How about recommendations for that?? LOL

CDArmsSupply
C&D Arms Supply Forum Moderator

Post by CDArmsSupply » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:11 am

Pete - check out our site for accessories...www.cdarmssupply.com.

Chris Baktis
C&D Arms Supply
www.CDArmsSupply.com

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Pete wrote:I take it this is not the shotgun forum that most use... How about recommendations for that?? LOL
This thread's had over 60 views. I'm guessing no-one here has experience with those lights.

There are a ton of past threads on weapon lights here, I'd suggest looking through those for other ideas.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 pm

The light/lasers you were looking at are not very good at all. They are from ebay stores and not listing the names of the lights displayed. But one or two of them are made by Nebo. These are all from ebay "stores" where they sell a lot of junk, especially when it comes to stuff like these lights/lasers. So no they are not any good. If you want a quality light/laser combo, you'll have to spend a little more money, sorry to say. This topic has been discussed many, many times on this forum.

If you want a good quality light/laser, this is what i'd go with. They go for about $240-to $260, depending where you buy it from. Amazon and MidwayUSA usually have the best deals for these. They also make one that uses a green laser instead of red. Like i said this has been discussed to death on this forum, but since you weren't getting any answers, i thought i'd share what's actually Good quality, and what is 'JUNK". You can also check out what Surefire and Inforce offer too. Why buy (waste your money on) something that will just disappoint you. I hope this helps. Vitaly has done reviews on this and other weaponlight systems; you can find them on the Rem870's main page. Yes this works great on a shotgun. Good luck!

Streamlight TLR-2 HL Weaponlight LED with Laser and 2 CR123A Batteries Fits Picatinny or Glock-Style Rails Aluminum Matte

The Streamlight TLR-2 HL Tactical Illuminator Flashlight with Laser is ideal for use on most firearms with a rail and installs in just a few seconds. This updated model features the new C4 LED technology with 630 lumens peak output. The light will run for 1.25 hours on 2 CR123A batteries (included). In addition to the light, this model also features a high power laser which will run for up to 45 hours. The body of the TLR-2 HL is constructed of rugged aluminum and is water, shock and dustproof. The laser is protected by chemical resistant polymer housing. The TLR-2 HL is covered by Streamlight's "No Excuses" lifetime warranty.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.