Mindset or Software

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Blackrock
Shotgunner

Mindset or Software

Post by Blackrock » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:27 pm

A review of the summaries of the data compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Indicates that of the police officers who are in violent encounters approximately 60% do not draw, 27% get off a shot and 10-15% hit their target. A similar study conducted by the New York City Police department SOP #9 has concluded range performance is not an indicator of success in a deadly encounter.

While the vast majority of the officers are qualified and have received training, they fail. I postulate the failure is a result of their combat mindset or software issues in the current vernacular.

Training for home defense: I have found the most beneficial training; that I can address for home defense are the so called “Software Issues.” First, I trained my family, what to do and what not to do. Second, I practice moving in my home without lights. Third, Every night I verify the location of my cell phone, flash lights, and weapons.

This is not intended as a conclusive list but as thought provoking suggestions.

STAY LOW, GO FAST SHOOT FIRST, DIE LAST, ONE SHOT ONE KILL. NOT LUCK ALL SKILL.

ROC