My New 870 Tactical with pics. Also i have a Magpul question

Tactical, combat, military, law enforcement and home defense use of a Remington 870 shotgun.
Automag
Senior Shotgunner

My New 870 Tactical with pics. Also i have a Magpul question

Post by Automag » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:06 pm

I know i haven't been around in quite awhile, but i just got a brand new 870 Tactical. I'm planning on upgrading to all Magpul Furniture and accessories as well as a Mesa Tactical 6 rd Sidesaddle very soon. I really like this 870 Tactical. This will be my new Home Defense Shotgun! I converted my Super Mag back into my Hunting Shotgun; Original wood furniture and a Super Cell, that's it. So these will be my "Before Pics". After Pics soon to follow ;)
I am leaning towards going with the Magpul Stock Set. I'm very familiar with, and really love the SGA 870 Stock, but i don't know anything about the Magpul MOE Fore-End. Any input appreciated.
One more thing. I'm undecided whether to go with the black, or go all FDE. I really like the look of the FDE. If anyone has their 870 set up with the Magpul FDE Rear and Front, i'd really like to see a couple pics to help me decide. Thanks!

Image[/size]

ImageThis is a pic of my other 870. It's Super Mag that i turned into a HD Weapon.Image
Last edited by Automag on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: My New 870 Tactical with pics. Also i have a Magpul ques

Post by Vitaly » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:12 am

Nice setup!

Here is my shotgun during tests of Magpul furniture:

http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks Vitaly! I like that look of the Magpul Stock set in FDE! Thanks for sharing the pics. I read your review on the Magpul furniture and it was helpful. I think i may just go with the FDE, and later when i can afford it, get an Inforce Light and get it in the Flat Tan they offer. Appreciate it!

jough
Shotgunner

Post by jough » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:20 am

I just put the Magpul SGA stock and foregrip on my home defense 870.

I went with black for two reasons...intruders usually come in at night and lighter colors tend to show dirt & oil. Sure, it wipes off.

My 870 came with the Wilson ghost ring sights. I needed the 0.25" cheek riser that Magpul offers.

I do not think the foregrip is too narrow. Heck, everyone is going as small as possible on AR15 handguards for a reason.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 am

Thanks for your input, especially about the Magpul MOE Fore-end. I'm sure i'm going with the "All Magpul" furniture now, just still debating on sticking with Black or going with the FDE. I agree that the Black is more practical; i just kinda like the way the FDE looks. I am going to get my Magpul Stock set coming soon; the Remington Synthetic Stock that came on mine is too long for my comfort, i like a shorter LOP Stock.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 am

Well i finished my main upgrades, i gave up debating on Black or FDE and just stuck with the Black. I posted a more thorough post on my build on the Accessories and Upgrades section, but thought i'd show an "after pic here too. It sure does shoot and handle better now. Still some upgrades to do, but i'm almost done. Oh yeah, i love the Magpul MOE Fore-End. It's very comfortable and pretty sweet!

Torbay
Shotgunner

Post by Torbay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 pm

Nice belt, what brand it is???

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:24 pm

You need to ask Vitaly what brand Belt that is. He was showing me what Magpul furniture looked like with installed FDE, so that's his pic and his Belt. He might not see your question, so just PM him and i'm sure he'd be glad to tell you. BTW it is a nice Ammo Belt.

Torbay
Shotgunner

Post by Torbay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:07 am

I Pm him already, yes indeed a nice belt it is

Automag wrote:You need to ask Vitaly what brand Belt that is. He was showing me what Magpul furniture looked like with installed FDE, so that's his pic and his Belt. He might not see your question, so just PM him and i'm sure he'd be glad to tell you. BTW it is a nice Ammo Belt.

Viper
Shotgunner

Post by Viper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:30 pm

I have bought my 870 Tactical more than one year ago and got stuck with home rebuilding and moving so no time to follow up, but the idea is to get it done exactly this way! 8-) Love the Magpul stock