Another happy Streamlight customer

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Another happy Streamlight customer

Post by Chief Brody » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Just received and installed my new TLR-1. Package deal of the light and Streamlight's own mag tube rail mount from OpticsPlanet, $115. Very happy with the results. Installation was easy. One little note on that, the mount's grip on the mag tube (before you add the nuts and screws) is so tight that turning the mount to adjust it can actually loosen the mag extension tube. Use a flat screwdriver to open it up a bit and you won't have an issue there. The controls on the light are great, very easy to use with my left index finger. Very bright, white light. It perfectly lights up the front bead sight, great to see that.

So, until I get an XS big dot sight or perhaps a new barrel with tritium rifle sights or something, my HD gun is complete - But, it'll probably be left as is for a while. Fully loaded, along with the S&J detachable side saddle, there's 13 rounds of Fed #1 LE FC Buck at my disposal, a very bright light to say Hi, How Are Ya? and great jumbo head safety. Lovin' it.

I'll take some night shots with the light as soon as I can.

-Steve
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

Vitaly
Owner

Re: Another happy Streamlight customer

Post by Vitaly » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 am

Steve, looks fantastic! Very simple and reliable setup.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

RichNZ
Global Moderator

Post by RichNZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 am

Ohhh i like that. Quite wide beam, or more of a spotlight?

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:14 am

Haven't got any pictures of the beam yet to show you, but I'd say it's pretty wide. If it's aimed down a hallway, the whole area is brightly lit. I'll try to take some pictures, talking about what a flashlight will do doesn't exactly make a point very well.
Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready. - T.R.

RichNZ
Global Moderator

Post by RichNZ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am

Nah, that makes sense mate. That's work well for hd I'd imagine. What sorta batteries it take?

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 pm

The expensive kinda haha - two CR123s. I just ordered some spares from eBay and, happily, thay're significantly cheaper online. Some local stores sell a pair for $15-$20. I ordered six for $12.50, including shipping. I have a couple of Leatherman flashlights that use the same battery, it'll be good to have some extras.

streakpi

Post by streakpi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 am

Anyone know if you can get the mount without the light? I own the light already...but that is exactly the mount I was looking for!

Thanks!

Chief Brody
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Chief Brody » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:49 pm

streakpi, PMed you with some links for finding that mount.

streakpi

Post by streakpi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Chief Brody wrote:streakpi, PMed you with some links for finding that mount.
Thank you sir. It has been purchased...and I mounted it yesterday!!! I really appreciate the sound advice. Makes the gun feel better overall!

Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Is it easy to turn off, on while gripping the fore grip?