Best light mount?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
schnags21

Best light mount?

Post by schnags21 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

I have a 870 home defense with a magpul forend. What is he best light mount for this for a surefire fury? I know I can buy a magpul rail piece but didn't know how hardy their light mount is and it is pricy. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

Re: Best light mount?

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:44 pm

I'm in the process of looking for one myself. I don't know what position the light will end up in. Trying to decide which 'digit' I'll use to turn it on, thumb, finger? I was looking at one of the Elzetta mounts, (Amazon), nice but mounts the light on the left side, might interfere with my sling mount, maybe not if I move the mount all the way forward...hmm. There are a couple on Ebay, Trinity, that look promising, come with a light also. Not sure about the lights, they have different modes, strobe, high-low. I want on-off, momentary on, that's it! If I need the shottie 'for real', I'll have enough to worry about other than what mode my light is in!

schnags21

Post by schnags21 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:47 pm

I just put a x300 on the top rail of my ar and ordered a second for my handgun. Not sure if I can afford a 3rd even at 170 each!

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:35 am

I am big fan of the CDM Gear Clamps. They are great. And also you can buy one of many less expensive flashlights. You can get Surefire G2x, Streamlight Polytac or FAB Defense Speedlight flashlight. I have tested all of them and my favourite one is the Fab Defense Speedlight because it is lightweight and compact.
http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

schnags21

Post by schnags21 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:17 am

Will that work if I already have a magpul sling mount at the front of the gun?

Ndoc

Post by Ndoc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:23 am

IMG_4994.PNG
IMG_4994.PNG (829.27 KiB) Viewed 6089 times
Does anyone know what is the best mount similar to this, or what this is? I like the idea of light stream in-line with the shot

Jamie
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:18 pm

schnags21 wrote:Will that work if I already have a magpul sling mount at the front of the gun?

I think it will. I have the same Magpul sling mount. I was looking at the Elzetta mount which mounts about the same as the one you are looking at. If I move the Magpul sling mount all the way forward, (or as far as needed), the flashlight mount should work. I just ordered the Elzetta mount for a Christmas present, (mine), I'll know fairly soon if it will work.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 am

Ndoc wrote:Does anyone know what is the best mount similar to this, or what this is? I like the idea of light stream in-line with the shot
Looks like just one of the simple clamp-on 5-position rail things. I think SureFire introduced them, but there are a bunch of knock-offs from other companies these days.

I wouldn't be too concerned with off-sets between the bore axis and the light. Lights spread out over a pretty wide area, so as long as the light & barrel are parallel, an inch or two to the right or left isn't going to change the way a room is lit up. Probably better to try to get the light in a position where you can work it easily.

mercman
Active Shotgunner

Post by mercman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:30 pm

On two of my 870's I'm using the FAB arms forearm which has short rails that can be moved from 3-6-9 O'clock. I run a TLR2 light on the right side position. I avoid any light with a cord between the forearm and the light.
LEO (retired)
Oathkeeper
NRA Life Member
C&R 03
U.S. Navy 1972-76
M14RA Coordinator Western Region.